Saturday, March 29, 2008

Rejoice and celebrate Easter

We certainly did. I love to celebrate Easter! It's a time for Spring weather, new dresses, flowers, Easter candy, pastle colors, dying eggs, baskets, Sunday dinner, but more than that, it's a time to celebrate and rejoice in our Savior. I'm thankful for the gospel and the happiness it brings to my life.

Ooooh, I love to color Easter eggs. I still recall the memories of dying eggs as a child. Through the years nothing has changed...I still love it. Avery colored her eggs in record time, 1 minute and she was done. I guess the whole "design and decorate" each egg is lost on a 4 year old.

Bright and early, we started our hunt for the eggs and baskets. The easter bunny really tricked the kids this year. In the end, the children loved their baskets. They each got an umbrella, and new outfit among other little items. Yep, lots of candy.
Sunday morning, Avery all decked out in her new Easter Dress. The Easter bunny brought Lucy(her American Doll) a matching dress. Avery loves Lucy and I love hearing Avery's sweet conversation with the doll ALL DAY!After church, and after dinner, we all went over to the Fenton's home for an egg hunt. We joined in on the fun with the Enlows and the Passey's, as well. It's so much fun for the children to hunt with their friends. They had fun searching hi and low for the eggs-especially the ones filled with money! It was so cold outside, we sported our winter coats. Now, I know Easter was early this year, but really...winter coats for Easter, Yuck! Oh well, even the wind couldn't stop us from having a truly eggcellent egg hunt! We are thankful for such a great group of friends we have here in Omaha. We always have fun together! And, we appreciate the Fentons for their hospitality and hosting the egg hunt this year.


Notice the Target bag...Yes, we forgot to bring our easter baskets AGAIN this year!Avery scanning the yard for the pencils that were tossed among the blades of grass.
Zach and Spencer. Zach couldn't wait to get started on the candy...Oh, look he has a big wad of blue gum in his mouth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Servidor, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://servidor-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Fujitales said...

Ooh, who is that post from? I feel like you have a secret friend in Brazil!
Avery's dress is so sweet with her cute doll. We too, are waiting for some warm spring weather, it's snowing tonight. Fabulous...

B

doug said...

GOOD ONE LAUR! dad is proud of the way you BLOG so well! I laughed at the way you said EGGCELLENT egg hunt, now THAT IS CORNY!

And the fact that Avee was not interested in the long drawn out selective creative processes of designing, and then finally actually decorating the eggs = that will come later.

Of course, I remember the way I took charge of the egg coloring when you guys were little, not wanting anyone to spill the dye and generally wanting to do it all myself while you kids watched. YOU have done a better job than I. LOVE, ma and pa

Mama Mia said...

Darling dress on Avery...I want to see a pic. of Ellie in hers! What a fun time with friends!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

It looks like you got spamed! I added the copy the letters thing to cut down on the spam in my blog. Anyway, I just love being with you family. The egg hunt was quick, fun, and COLD! So grateful for the quick part. And so fun to watch Zach do so well at the derby race. I love his joy and smile when accomplishing something he cares about. Way to go Zach!

Anonymous said...

Ellie, Avery,and Zach
You were all so cute as you hunted for eggs and your Easter Baskets that the Easter Bunny had hid. What a fun time you had with your new umbrellas. What a great Easter Bunny. He is soooooooo smart! If it rains you can take them to school again. Yeah. Ellie and Avery, you both looked so sweet in your new Easter outfits, and Zach you were so handsome with your new Easter tie. Memories I will remember for forever.
Love, Grandma (I will see you soon!) XOXOXOXOXO