Sunday, March 2, 2008

A giggling girl is sunshine in the home

"Oh" the joy you bring me, happy child of mine. As I sit here tonight after a special fast in behalf of Zachary, I can't help but also think of Ellie. We fasted this day for Zach, as we have many times in the past. Heavenly Father has blessed us with so much and we know through Him all things are possible. This morning when Jeff was saying our family prayer, he mentioned a prayer for Ellie, that she too know how important she is in our family and in our lives. He asked that she be aware of the sunshine she brings into our home. He asked a prayer to be with Avery that her sweet soul continue to love and grow. Later, Zachary was given a priesthood blessing. This too, has happened many times in his little life. I wonder what it is like for a twin, with a unique bond to have her brother in need of so much extra attention and help. She handles it beautifully. She always has. Sometimes, I feel she is wise beyond her years. I took time tonight to hug her a little tighter. She is my sunshine.

I was looking at some fun, random, pic's I took yesterday while El's and I were hanging out in the office. She doesn't particularly like having her picture taken but since it was all in fun (with no pressure for the perfect one) she participated. I love these photos of Ellie with big bellie laugh.

5 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Elle is so pretty and you have captured it all in these pictures! She is a burst of Sunshine...I need a little piece of her today...it is a cold cloudy morning!

Jen Giorgis said...

So sweet...you brought me to tears. What special little spirits all of these children are. Such unique indivilduals sent staight from a loving Father in Heaven. I am so excited to have the opportunity to get to know both Zach and Ellie in Primary. Thank you Laurie for your loving words to help remind us of the sunshine in our own children as well.

texasangie said...

What a beautiful post and beautiful pictures of Ellie!

Unknown said...

Well, LAUR, now you've done it! MOM was so moved by this posting on your blog that first she woke me up to read it, (that's OK) then she hounded me until I got the pc fixed and up and running, and then she said "I can't even write anything - - I love it so much!"

Well, you know me, never at a loss for words - I said HEY, OF COURSE, her photography is HIGHLY creative and her writing ranks above professional storytellers = because she gets it FROM ME!

LAUR, now that I've taken credit, please tell my little ELLEBERT that PAPA LOVES HER TOO!

Gigi and Papa

Fujitales said...

So cute! I sometimes forget that El is Z's twin - she is such a good big sister that it seems she's spend her life being a loving care giver to her brother. Z will probably never fully appreciate what a blessing he has in sharing the twin bond with such a beautiful girl - inside and out. We love you Ellie!

B