Monday, October 29, 2007

A perfect day at Vala's pumpkin patch.

We ate...hot dogs


We ate...roasted marshmallows We ate...s'mores We played... on antique tractors and equipment
We played...with the "mini village" We played...in the sand.
We played... with the apple launcher. Just for the record Avery's apple hit the farthest target. We rode...on the go-carts


And, together on the "family cart"

And down the slide..together
Our family enjoyed a beautiful fall day at Vala's. After postponing the first date due to rain I was concerned about the weather. No need to worry- it was 60 degrees and the sun was shining bright. We reserved a fire pit, and roasted hotdogs for dinner and smores for desert. The Enlows, Fentons and the Williams families joined us. We missed you- Bischoffs. Vala's is huge! Infact, calling it a mere "pumpkin patch" hardly does it justice. There is a full day of activities in store for you at Vala's. A few of our favs are: the go carts, apple launcher, giant tube slide, petting zoo, and huge jumping "pillow" (basically inflatable trampoline to hold 40 kids at a time) Did I mention the kettle corn? It's a delicious combination of sweet and salty. We wrapped up the evening at the pig races. Each race they would call a volunteer from the audience to come to the front and vote for their favorite pig. Ellie desperately wanted to get the nod. No Luck. Maybe next year.

5 comments:

Mama Mia said...

I am sad we missed out on a great time! I am so glad you had great weather. Cute pictures!

deborahbird said...

Hi Laurie,

Looks like you all had a great time at Vala's. We went this year on a really beautiful day and had a great time. I'm loving having a blog. I just posted a lot of fun pictures from all the Halloween celebrations. It's such a great way to keep in touch with friends and family.

Unknown said...

LAURIE: I just love your blog, you are a great mom and very creative.

love, your dad

Fujitales said...

Looks like so much fun- we unfortunately didn't made it to a pumpkin patch this year. Can you still go even after Halloween, or is that against the rules??!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

I love your comentary! I just posted our pictures and think you do a much better job. How do you get multiple pictures on one post? I only know how to do a new post for each picture. And wow your pictures put mine to shame. I think I need a smaller camera, so that I am willing to carry it around with me. I left mine at the picnic tables.