Thursday, October 4, 2007

It's just not the same!

Without a camera to showcase the "Anderson adventures" this blog just doesn't feel the same. I am determined to keep it from dying however, but I must admit "I've lost that lovin' feeling" towards updating our blog. But, for my few fellow bloggers and readers I will keep it up and anxiously await the day of a new camera purchase. We are in full swing with the changing of the seasons here in Omaha. Fall is here to stay. Although, the air is not yet cool and crisp, I noticed today a slight but distinguishable change in the color of the leaves. Nothing compared to the breathtaking visual of driving through the mountains of Denver and Salt Lake in Autumn time. However, still a sight worth mentioning. Fall in Nebraska is a fun time of the year. It happens to be Nebraska's best season. The weather is mild and there are so many festivities to partake of for family fun. I am excited for this fall for various reasons. A few of them are:

1.Vala's pumpkin patch- you've never truly seen a pumpkin patch till you visit Vala's.
2.sweaters and jeans- I am a sweater girl, I love the comfort and warmth of a classic sweater. Throw on a pair of jeans and I feel most at ease.
3. By October I am ready for the cooler weather. You may need to remind me of this come Decemember when the wind is howling and the snow in blowing. But today, I am ready for a change. I love the weather of fall.
4.The new season fall t.v shows- who isn't sick and tired of the boring summer reruns?
"Hooray" for Grey's!
5.gearing up for Halloween. I start asking the kids what they want to dress up as in early September. I don't make their costumes anymore but, I still enjoy planning them out. So far this year we have Hannah Montanna for Ellie, a mad scientist for Zachary and a ...princess for Avery. I'm sure that doesn't come as a surprise, she is 3 after all. I won't actually buy anything yet, you never know who might change their mind.
6. Soup. I love making soup for dinner. Actually, we all like soup so it's an easy dinner idea for us
7.Looking at fall decor around the neighborhood. I also usually enjoy "dressing" up our house for the holidays, however, this year we got off to a late start and may just make it simple with a new fall wreath for the door.
8.shopping. I love the bargains at this time of the year. Summer clothes (for next year)- you can't beat the deals... I love it love it love it. Yesterday, I got Zach 2 shirts for 3.99 each. I also love Christmas shopping and I like to do a little bit at a time- I start in October.
9. Pumpkin cookies, bread,& pancakes. I got a wonderful recipe for pumpkin pancakes from Dianne this summer and I can't wait to make 'em. Maybe this Sunday for conference.
10. Fall is the start of the holiday season. I love the Holidays. I love getting the family together - the more the merrier. I love the season of giving thanks and celebrating !

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Great list! I just got my new camera so...you are welcome to my old one!

Fujitales said...

I too love fall. No wonder we're friends, your favs are my favs. At least you have a reason to slack on your blog - I have a camera and still can't update it more than once a month!

Unknown said...

Hi Laur: Mom and I are back from the Texas Beach Condo and can't believe ten days can go so fast.

We love your blog and postings about our grandchildren. It's a great way for us to keep up and in touch.

Unfortunately, we don't have the clever nature you have and must admit keeping up with you and your blog keeps us busy.

We note that Mia has ONLY 14,400 people interested in her blog family, so at last count, your three, (3) not including mom and me and grandma and grandpa, I have every confidence that YOU'LL be cathing up with her in no time at all!!!
LOVE, mom and dad