Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The hottest ticket in town...Hannah Montanna


Where there's a will there's a way. Ellie and I scored Hannah Montanna tickets to the concert on Tuesday night. This was so no simple feat, mind you. I tried 3 times and each and every time I was denied. This concert sold out in 8 minutes. A week later Ticketmaster raffled off more tickets. I along with 600 other people waited in line to get my wristband just for the opportunity to buy tickets on the off chance my number was drawn. No such luck. As my last ditch effort, I put my name on Craig's list. Unbelievably, Saturday night this thoughtful but anonymous woman called to alert me that a few extra seats were being sold at that very moment. Thank you to the stranger. Finally, we had our tickets. We surprised Ellie with the good news Monday night. She was beyond excited, and I think very curious. She has never been to a concert before now. We eagerly arrived at the Qwest Center with plenty of time to spare. We checked out our seats and then grabbed a bite to eat. The anticipation was unbearable for Ellie. The show started with the Jonas Brothers. They were great, and the crowd loved 'em. Finally,when Hannah Montanna took the stage the Qwest center went wild! The little girls all decked out in "Hannaha" attire were screaming with excitement. The energy was out of control. Hannah put on an incredible show. She is a little girl with a Big voice who obviously loves to perform. She dazzled the girls with many sparkly outfit changes and dance moves. The show was well worth the money. But more than the show, the chance to spend a special night out with Ellie was priceless. I also couldn't wait for this night, however I had different reason in mind. I was looking forward to spending this time with Ellie, just the two of us. I wanted to share with her the excitement. I wanted to see the thrill in her face. I wanted to feel the bond that is created when mothers and daughters share special events together. Right now as an 8 year old girl going to the Hannah Montanna concert is the pinnacle. But for me it is hearing "I love you, mom" many times throughout the evening. Thank you, Ellie for the music to my ears and for making my night unforgettable.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi LAUR: Tell Ellie that Papa knows the song that Hannah Montana's daddy (Billy Ray Cyrus) first made famous "Achy Break Heart". Hannah's real name is MILEY CYRUS but I suppose you girls knew that.

Gigi and Papa are glad that you guys actually got to go to the concert and that you had a great time while there . . . .
(but don't get used to it)

ha ha

LOVE,
papa

Anonymous said...

You are a great mom! I know all the hastle you went through to get those tickets. Someday Ellie will know what you did and she will appreciate it. Even if she doesn't, I do and I think you are great.

Mama Mia said...

It sounds like it was a great concert! The pictures look so fun and good seats too! How sweet of Elle to keep saying "I love you!"

Laurie said...

Mia, the pictures are deceiving because of our sweet new camera. We were way up top in the upper bowl! Nevertheless, in the Qwest Center all seats are pretty good.

Gigi said...

Hi Laur: I am so happy you and Ellie had that special time together and I know how hard you worked for those tickets! Ellie is so lucky to have you for a Mom! I had so much fun visiting you and your beautiful family this week! I loved hearing every detail about the concert! Your pictures were great! Your new camera is awesome! Love You, Mom

Mama Mia said...

Sounds like the concert was worth all of your effort! I am glad you got a great camera! Take my family picture for Christmas and I will take yours! We of course will have to do it on 2 different days because it takes one millon pictures of my family to get one good one!