Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Girls just wanna "Accessorize"

Avery is my "girly girl." She loves fashion and has her own sense of style. Her outfits may or may not conform to what is typically considered "a match." Don't stand in her way...you won't win. Yesterday she wore bright fuchsia pants (cute in their own right) paired up with a cherry red tee-shirt complete with brown sparkle flip flops. Not terrible, I've seen worse. I tried to explain"it just doesn't match." But, really... who cares. She went to the store that way. She also loves bracelets, lots of them. Anything will do. As of yesterday morning she was still wearing several brightly colored rubber bands and was perfectly satisfied that they were bracelets. I wasn't. We made plans that afternoon to head over to Micheal's, purchase new beads and string bracelets. You get to do that when you are the youngest child home with mom all day. She picked out all the beads. Prize of the day! I wish you could see the smile that stretched across her face. We came home, sat down and strung beads; just the two of us. Avery is a little fashionista, shopping lover, chatter box, lunch partner, and girl after my own heart.

9 comments:

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

Those turned out GREAT! The two of you could start up a little business with bracelets and bows. What a fun afternoon for you. I wish I had a girl to do that stuff with. You are so blessed.

texasangie said...

How fun that you have a fashionista! The bracelets are so pretty! What a great activity!

Mama Mia said...

Love the beads and look at the patterns...great learning and fun at the same time!

Fujitales said...

Amen on the word 'match', or the concept of warm outside - Liv will were wool sweater and leg warmers despite the 100 degree weather. Fashion over comfort is our motto around here!!

Fujitales said...

So I misspelled wear - yeah, maybe I need to go back to preschool!

Jeanne said...

how darling are those bracelets....it is so cute she wears them all at one time! Avery really is your girlie girl..I love it!!! I can't wait to go to Chicago with the fashionista!!!! LOve you all! XO,Mom

doug said...

LAUR: Of course Avery is a girl after your own heart, she is your special one since she gets to stay at home or go with you wherever you go all day long . . . . Papa used to string beads too, I'm the source of where Avee got her sense of colors not matching . . . EYE of the BEHOLDER is the watch word AVERY, some of us hear the beat of a different drummer when it comes to matching ha ha LOVE, papa

grandma said...

What cute bracelets. Laurie, Avery takes after her mom. She has a great and loving example. What a fun time to spend together. Enjoy every minute together, too soon she will be in school full time too. She is so sweet! We love her.

. said...

What a fun mom you are! I can't believe the twins are in fourth grade - it is such an awesome year - my VERY favorite. (Of course that's what I taught, but really, it's a total blast! Well, until the end when the girls start getting a little more clique-y and snotty - watch out!) Hope you don't mind me checking your blog out - it's so fun to see what old friends are up to!