Monday, August 11, 2008

Zachary's souvenir

We returned home this weekend from a little trip to the Niobrara river and Zachary brought home this souvenir.

I must say, he was quite a trooper and rarely complained, cried, or even whimpered. But, at the slightest touch of his arm he felt pain so Jeff knew to have it looked at as soon as we returned home.

The trip was wonderful, and I will post more later. Now, Zachary and I are off to his special education open house for school. He has the chance to meet his teachers and aides. He is excited to show off his cast. Although, the cast is starting to itch right now, so the thrill is going to be short lived, I can tell.

8 comments:

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

Zach is such a tough dude! I like the orange color. I hope you like your teachers Zach. I'm excited to hear about the rafting trip.

doug said...

ZACH, what a big soldier you are to have a real BROKEN ARM!! Did you know PAPA also broke his arm when he was a little boy like you?
Course I wasn't as TOUGH as you!
LOVE, Papa

Jeanne said...

Hey Zachy, I'm so sad you broke your arm but what a cool cast!!!I love the color you picked out.....did you know Gigi broke her arm just like you and had the same cast!!!! We are twins!!! I can't wait to hear all about school...Zach, be sure and have all kids sign your cast!!!I love you and think about you always!! XO,Gigi

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! What a tough little guy, he hardly even complained about his arm during the trip. We had so much fun with your cute family!

Mama Mia said...

NO WAY!!!! So sorry it is broken! Man I feel bad he went the whole trip with it...he was even paddling the kayak!!

Jenee Zirker said...

I can't believe it Zach really is a trooper. Nothing like going back to school with a cast on your arm. Looks like he's getting all the signatures on it.

Trinity said...

Oh man! I didn't see that bright orange cast Sunday . . . I must have been snoozing. Poor kid. Poor mom! :)

grandma said...

Zach, Wow, What a great way to start the school year. Everyone can sign your cast! Your dad broke his arm too when he was about your age. You don't have to follow in all of his footsteps you know, just the best ones. I want to sign your cast! Give yourself a big hug from G&G. We love you! OXOXOXOXOXO