Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Niobrara River

Who knew floating down a river in Nebraska could be so pretty. Beautiful. We had a wonderful time on our mini trip to the Niobrara. We joined our friends the Bischoffs and Cleggs on this quick jaunt to Valentine Nebraska. When I say "float" the river I mean it... it was so relaxing and casual. It was enjoyable for all, even the "wee ones." The kids loved to jump on and off into the river & ON the tubes and bounce around. We had some kayaks, Ellie's personal favorite. My personal favorite was stopping at the many waterfalls along the way. Wow. I was surprised to see such sights. This is "Smith Falls" the largest waterfall in Nebraska.
Ellie and Avery down at the bottom of this huge waterfall. The neat part of this waterfall was the hike back to it, you could walk part of the way through the falls run off. Soooo, icy cold. Stair Step Falls, gorgeous.


Done floating for the day. The best part, we had hired Graham's outfitters to organize our river ride & set up our camp. They prepared everything from the tents, tables, fire and grilled the food. Time to get our "grub on" A big thank you to Bruce for arranging the details and planning this fun trip.

Can't camp without s'mores.and good friends

6 comments:

Amanda said...

What a beautiful place! I'm sad that we never went while we lived in Nebraska. Looks like you had so much fun!

grandma said...

Wow, what a beautiful ride. Where was grandma? I wish I could have been there. The water falls were so pretty. The kids looked like they had a great time together. What a fun trip before school starts.

Mama Mia said...

Love your pictures! So fun! It was beautiful. Stair Step Falls was one of my favorite!

Jen Giorgis said...

Looks like you had a blast! I haven't been there since I was a little girl. We used to go every year. I want to go back now. Thanks for all the fun pictures.

Jeanne said...

Oh!Honey, that looks like so much fun and the pictures were fantastic...what a beautiful place!!! I would love to do that trip with you sometime....lets plan that some year, okay???? XO,Mom

Sheri said...

Oh, that looks so awesome and like so much fun. Definitely not what you picture when you think of Nebraska!