Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Entertainment: camping style!

We did so many fun things while at the cabin. We spent much of our time in full relaxation mode. Well, at least Jeff and I did. Grandma and Grandpa shouldered the burden of responsibility and workload. Did we say thank you enough? But, these fun moments were shared and enjoyed by all. We played games, galore! We played in the lake. We had s'mores by the campfire. And, we loved it all.
I love campfires! I love the night air and singing by firelight. One of the "Anderson Family Reunion" traditions is to have a talent show by the campfire. This year Zachary decided in advance that he wanted to participate and do a talent. And, since Jeff and I coaxed him OUT of doing a free for all Rock-N-Roll dance, he settled on singing "little Parakeet" in DANISH. He brought Jeff up for moral support and well, to remind him of the words. They both did GREAT! I was proud of my boys.


Games, Galore! Everyone had fun participating in games. Lucky for me, I won the marshmallow eating contest. Never my favorite thing to be known as the "big mouth." But, the kids laughed out loud. And, no I do not a have a pic to show. Jeff won several times over in a strength contest. The kids loved the tug-o-war, we never knew Avery was so competitive. And, of course water ballon fights are always a favorite.





Rafting at the Lake. Sure it was leisurely and relaxing, but the kids can only handle a "slow pace" for so long. Their rafting expedition lasted only minutes. But, playing in the water and fishing took over the rest of the time. We love being outdoors!

5 comments:

texasangie said...

Such great pictures and beautiful setting! Sounds like so much fun!

Fujitales said...

Oh I'm so sad I missed the Swedish Parakeet song, Jeff will have to perform again when we see ya'll next! Sounds like so much fun - I'm dying that you get to go to such a fun place and have the food and games provided - what a deal!! I love summer!

doug said...

LAUR: the girls look great in their "make like a banana and split" tee shirts. AVERY is certainly trying hard to win that tug of war contest!

ELLIE and Jeff in the pontoon craft must have been an excellent excursion, but why is Jeff's end of the raft riding a little lower in the water than Ellie's?

ZACHY and Jeff singing the Parakeet Song in Danish looked more like two guys doing the CHICKEN DANCE . . . . course no one can do the chicken like HEFFIE!
(that would be a great pic for a later blog . . . . ) Going to the airport to pick up GIGI later this afternoon.

LOVE,
papa

ps Congratulations to Grandma and Grandpa on doing a wonderful job for the Anderson Family Reunion!
(we know how much work they are)

grandma said...

Laurie, the pictures are great. I hope I can close my eyes now and just remember every minute. The girls had a great time with Kaylee. Zach and Jeff were so cute singing the Little Parakeet song. What a great 3 days we had. The weather was perfect and the memories will last a life time.

petite lama said...

seriously--you are 100 percent, knock down drag out fired from the position of ten years of friendship--how is it possible that you make such a huge long drive and never even let me know you are in my nearby vicinity????

ok,ok, i know family always seems to swallow up so much time on a whirlwind trip to slc, but i will not take this for an answer and insist that we see each other next time you are in town!!!!

so call me girl, there are good times to be had