Sunday, July 20, 2008

Farewell, my little one

Zachary couldn't wait for his turn to spend the week at Gigi and Papa's house. This tradition started several years ago and is one that the kids look forward to each summer. Finally, the day is upon us. He and Gigi boarded the plane late in the afternoon. Some of you may know Zachary's one track mind...all he could focus on today was his trip to Denver. This boy is excited! I asked him what he is most excited about...he said, "to go out to dinner and snuggle." One of a kind, Zachary! Thank you Gigi and Papa for having the kids out for this special trip, they long for their 0ne-on-one time. So, what did we do without our little Z-man? Show time! We took the girls to a movie and saw "Nim's Island." We miss you, Zachary. Have fun and keep those cute phone messages coming our way.


5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Hi Mom I'm having fun in Denver but I don't want to come home yet..... I love playing with Cupcake and I really miss you and Dad and my sisters!!! Love Zach xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

grandma said...

Zachary, We are so excited for you. What a fun, fun time with Papa and Gigi. I hope they take lots of pictures. We want to see you and Cupcake. We love you.
Love, Grandma and Grandpa
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXXO

Mama Mia said...

Laurie he looks like a little business man waiting for the plane! How fun!

doug said...

MISTER ZEEMAN is gowing up so fast and he has been a delight for Gigi and Papa. Actually he sort of enjoys being the center of attention (duh) what kid doesn't?

I try to maintain some balance of order and sensibility but MOTHER will buy him anything he wants at any time he wants and HE CAN COME UP with some doozies. . .

Today we drove all over Denver, looking for a Rock Shop so Zach could see some samples of various minerals of Colorado. Taco Bell for lunch, Strawberry Freezeies where we ALL got a brain freeze.

Then it was off to CHUCKY CHEESE, which is conveniently located a mile from our house. Unfortunately I was too busy with a nap and unable to attend . . . . but Good Old GIGI came through again. Now I know why kids love their Grandmothers. . . especially with Gigi's rule "what happens at Grandmas stays at Grandmas"

Fujitales said...

Sorry I'm so slow to comment - you've been a busy blogger and I've been on vacation. Hope you have fun in Denver and SLC. Z looks so grown up in his little belted slacks - so fun that he gets Gigi and Papa to himself, don't miss him too much.

I'm just giggling to myself about Jeff and the horse ride! I thought he had more redneck in him than that and could put that horse in its place!!