Saturday, July 19, 2008

Lil' Buckaroos

The Nebraska Foundation for Visually Impaired Children invites us to many wonderful recreational outings for families. Each year we are invited to several"tradional" events and we look forward to them all. This year they added a new activity- horse back riding at Camp Ceder. I couldn't wait to go, and I knew the kids would love this opportunity. But, lo and behold I battled a migraine all day Friday and by 5:00 it knocked me off my feet and I was in bed. Much to my dismay, I sent the family on without me. Just as I suspected the kids loved the ride. Although, Ellie did mention her assistant was "bossy". Avery said she had a nice conversation with her helper. Zachary's assistant had to continually help lift him back on the horse. He would slowly slide off to one side and not know how to hoist himself back up. They rode their horses on a trail for about 20 minutes. I am totally laughing thinking about Jeff's horse...totally obstinate, defiant and completely disobeyed the commands. Jeff's horse was the only one to ride in the complete opposite direction on the trail. Continually veering off, stopping in mid-ride, even making another horse so mad...He kicked Jeff! Hard. Big bruise. Poor Jeff. The reason this is so funny to me...things just usually go well for Jeff. No foolishness. No displays of complete embarrassment. At least he can laugh about it now. And most importantly, he still took pictures for me. Thank you, Jeff. I wish I could seen our little buckaroos in action.

2 comments:

grandma said...

Ellie, Avery and Zach The three of you are so cute riding those beautiful horses. What a fun time to spend together. Now you can see why Kaylee loves horses. I always wanted a horse too. I hope I can come and watch you ride. We love you!
Love, Grandma and Grandpa
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

doug said...

JEFF: you sound alot like me. I had a quarter horse named CHARCOAL when I was in the 7th grade. So that's when I became a total cowboy, (correction) I was more of a drugstore cowboy since my horse was smarter than me and let me know it did not like me, and usually just bucked me off since it could tell that I didn't know what I was doing. My dad being from Texas was NOT at all happy with my horsemanship skills, but I made up for it by truly loving that good old country music.