Monday, June 2, 2008

And, so it begins...

This crazy time in our life that we call "summer vacation" is upon us. Are we ready? Well, that is yet to be determined however, if this banner that Ellie made is any indication... it seems that at least she and her brother are ready and excited! In Denver last week, I had a chance to get myself geared up and mentally prepared and yes I too, seem to be ready. Let the craziness begin...


Before we look forward to the new adventures that await us we had the chance to enjoy a few end of the year celebrations. Field day is a favorite of all 3rd graders. It is a day to play, compete, picnic, and socialize with friends in a less structured setting. We had a fun time, although, sadly I missed the majority of events. I did get to picnic with the kiddos and watch the tug-o-war.


Ellie and her good friend, Mckenna
Here is Zachary trying to eat his lunch, but being bothered by my camera. Avery and Mason sneaking in some fun with their siblings at the "big" school
Avery's school "Imagination Station" also had a picnic. We played at a park with all the other preschoolers and Avery loved every minute of it. Can you feel the love? Look at that big smile.





The final day of school was last Thursday. The kids came home, had a snack, looked at the yearbook, showed off their report cards and then moments later this is what I found...
Let the craziness begin... and turn off the T.V.!!!

5 comments:

texasangie said...

Yeah, summer!! I am so done with school and we still have 3 more days!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

What is Summer Fun? It is hot, kids fight with each other, they get bored, the house is never clean, the food budget goes out the window, and the laundry is never ending because they keep changing clothes. Can you tell I'm bitter after only a week of summer break? Oh ya, it's swimming at Lifetime with all our friends, eating watermelon and popsicles until your going to pop, sleeping in and not really having a schedule to keep up with, going to trips to see family and friends! So glad you had such a good time back home, but we are glad to have you back!

Mama Mia said...

Darling pictures! It will be a great summer! My mouth is still watering for Zach's lunch today...It looked delish!

Sheri said...

Welcome back! I'm so glad you found my blog on Jen's site - now I can see yours too. It's so cute!

Jen Giorgis said...

We are so glad that you are back. We have missed Zach & Ellie in class. I do find it humorous that you las post was about the fact that spring has sprung, and the very next one is summer is here. I'm not criticing you, but this crazy Nebraska weather. Where have our seasons gone? Spring wasn't long enough, but I am glad for summer!