Monday, June 23, 2008

Let the games begin

Perfect for the family reunion, Papa cooked up some serious fun and games for the children. "Wow" the kids were well entertained.

First off, The Indian Chief "Wounded Knee" (an old nick name for Doug stemming from the days following a knee surgery) took the kids on an hunt to look for the very ancient burial treasure that would be left behind in our trees in the backyard. The kids looked high and low to find their very own arrowhead neckless. I guess Papa's never heard of "plastic" beads because the neckless' all have real turquoise in them!!! Lucky kids. Now, this was my favorite....watching the kids bob for apples. The kids giggled while dunking their faces in the water in hopes of "catching" an apple. Ellie was the first to score the prize!

What is it about water that makes every child squeal with delight? Next up, Papa brought out waterguns, and water balloons. We started off with a nice water balloon toss, gently tossing the balloon to your partner. You know what came next...Water fight! Balloons were flying everywhere and the wetter the children got the harder they laughed. Summer delights.


The kiddos never really did settle down, but off they went to play on their own. Run through the house. Eat dinner. Have dessert. Spill their drinks. Visit with the grown-ups. The evening came and time for some fireworks and glow-in-the dark fun! The night was electric!

Again, thanks to Gigi and Papa for making this weekend so special. We love you.

4 comments:

Fujitales said...

So fun - I love family reunions! The kids' shirts turned out darling - so fun to have cousins to share in all the activities. Poor Liv - she wants cousins so bad. Baby Lily will have to grow up fast to play with her!

Jeanne said...

Wow, Honey!! You took some great pictures.... I love the one of Ellie bobbing for apples!!!! I also love remembering the weekend thur your blog!!!!! What wonderful memories and that is what it is all about!! Love you, Mom

Mama Mia said...

Yes! I have to agree you are quite the photographer! You have that "eye"! I love the water splashing up on Zack! What a great time! Your parents are super and go the extra mile!

doug said...

My dear PRINCESS Laurie: You are very kind and I just love what you did with your blog about the family reunion GAMES. Your bringing shirts for all the kids was the biggest hit of all!!

I had great fun watching the kids having fun. THANK YOU for your creative energy, I have a hard time keeping up. You know I'd rather do what you do than be the center of attention . . . .

Old Wounded Knee is happy to sit in our teepee quietly with the squaw woman . . don't tell her I said that (maybe okay to tell her that ONLY AFTER I've gone on to the HAPPY HUNTING GOUNDS! tee hee.

You forgot to mention that we have an actual INDIAN DRUM that all the grand kids love to POUND UPON. . .
of course, I prefer them to
LEAVE IT ALONE ! ! !

LOVE, "WOUNDED KNEE"