Sunday, June 15, 2008

"Who's your daddy?"


Happy Fathers Day!

Jeff, our children, and myself have been blessed with wonderful fathers in our lives. Our daddies... Papa, grandpa and Jeff have been true examples of all things fathers should be. They have given us countless hours of service and endless amount of unconditional love through the years. Many times in my life, it is my dad that would give me the comfort and "the soft place to land" that I yearned for. And, I know Jeff is the man he is today because of all he learned from his father. We feel very blessed to have the support of both dads, Doug and Newell in our lives. We treasure the "gifts" of knowledge, comfort, support and love that you both so freely give to us and our families. Thank you.

Zachary, Ellie and Avery wanted to share a few words for daddy, papa, and grandpa.

Avery said: I love my papa because he plays games with me like...I'm not 'eady! He is funny and laughs with me. She said she loves her grandpa because he is nice and soft.
Zachary said: My papa wears a leather jacket and has hearing aides. I love to build things with him. My grandpa tells funny jokes and collects wind up toys. He brings me surprises.
Ellie said: Papa gives us tight hugs and squeezes. And, grandpa jokes with us a lot.



They all 3 had a lot to say about their daddy as well...here ya go.

Avery said: My daddy is very special to me. He plays things with me like "store, airplane and restaurant" He turns my nightlight on at night, and flips my pillow, and brings me my blanket. (Can you tell it was night time when we had this chat)
Zachary said: My daddy is handsome and bald. He is nicer than any other dad. He is funny, exciting and does tricks. He loves me all the time. He likes to mow the lawn, he gets sweaty and then cools off. He snuggles me.
Ellie said: My dad is funny, I mean really funny. He likes to snuggle in the morning in the big bed. He never loses his things like my mom (thanks, Ellie) He takes good care of our family and makes our family run smoothly.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do recognize the true gift, the divine calling of a dad, is. I can't imagine that I will ever find anything as fulfilling, interesting, exciting, humbling, and awesome as being a dad has been. Every day has a bit of sorrow as another day with my young kids slips away. I do look forward to what lies ahead. I hope to have them 18 before they realize I don't know what I am talking about. "What a lucky man I am".

doug said...

I am blessed to be a dad to Laurie, Mark and Rob, but Jeanne (MOM) (GIGI) is the reason they turned out so great. The incredible part of this blessing that I get to be a grandfather (PAPA) to Ellie, Zach, Avery, Lily, Jack and Charlie. While I love them ALL to pieces . . . I must admit that (sometimes) they are quite a HANDFULL!
I am so lucky to have my children and Grandchildren love me back.

Amanda said...

Anderson family! I am so glad that I found your blog. I found it linked from another blog. I'm so excited to be able to keep in touch with you this way. We have a blog too - bloomfieldfamily.blogspot.com.

Fujitales said...

Darling post! I'm a slacker and didn't get anything up for father's day. Livi wants a kids day so she can get presents too - of course the response is everyday is kids day!

RobW said...

hey guys !! so fun too see you and celebrate Dad's Dad day in Big Denver. Please upload the photos and to your blog, since its my favorite internet website !!