Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rocky Mountain Highs

Last week the kids and I accompanied Jeff on his business trip to Denver. The children got out of school on Thursday and we left town on Saturday. The timing for this trip happened to be perfect, swimming and summer school didn't start until June 2nd so we were FREE until then. A big thanks to my sweet husband who endured the nagging 8 hour car ride instead of an 85 min relaxing flight. He was offered a chance to do a special project in the Denver Regional office, and so he worked hard putting in long hours the entire week. But, the rest of us played and we played hard!

Daddy gave us a tour of the regional office.


We enjoyed our time in the mountains, parks, pools, picnics, BBQ's, shopping and restaurants. Denver is notorious for having fabulous parks and recreation centers. So, we made an afternoon of park hopping.

Zachary loved the zip line, this was his favorite part of the park.Ellie conquered the challenge of climbing this big rock at the park.The sun shines bright and hot in Denver (man, do I miss that) so, we spent much of our time at several area pools. And, of course it goes without saying I made an immediate run for the huge outlet mall (Omaha has NO outlet mall, I know, sad) But, my most favorite day has to be the picnic in the mountains by a small beautiful lake. Breathtaking views, perfect weather, yummy lunch, cute kids, and being surrounded by family made this day most memorable to me.

Absolutely beautiful!I love this girl, dirty face and all Hike up the mountains...I like "Zachy style"How often do you get to do this...dippin' toes in the lake. We certainly made our rounds to a few of our "fav" restaurants. Here we are at Gigi and Papa's neighborhood hot spot "Los Dos"

Jeff and I met up with some friends, the Mercers at a new Thai restaurant. The Mercers are fun and always entertaining! Thanks guys for a great night.

I can't end without saying a big thank you to my mom and dad! Gigi and Papa took care of the kids each night and long mornings. I stayed with Jeff in the hotel, while the kids had slumber parties at Gigi's and papa's. Gigi and the kids love their mornings in the garden, and playing in the atrium. Papa pulled out all the stops and made a birdhouse at the workbench with all 3. He also made the kids each a sterling silver ring. They loved every minute of it. We appreciate your time, generosity and love.

6 comments:

Mama Mia said...

What a great trip! I want to come next time! Love the stream.....oh and the Dever Sun!

texasangie said...

Wow! Sounds like SO much fun!! Greg has been dying to get to Colorado on vacation, but I'm just not sure when we can fit it in!

Fujitales said...

You made me miss Denver all over again - being 5 minutes from the mountains, the shopping, the restaurants, remind me again why I moved? What a great trip - I was hoping for a picture of Cupcake!

Jeanne said...

Sweetie, what great pictures you took that week......I just loved the picture of Dad and Zach (I will have to frame that one). You are right I had so much fun that week with the kids, but I think the best part was our mornings sitting in the sun on my porch swing just talking!!! It was priceless!!!! I can't wait to see everyone in a week and a half!!! Yea! Love Ya, mom

Jeanne said...

Breya, when Doug gets home I will have him send you a picture of my precious "Cupcake"!! Do you love her name...my sweet Avery named her!!! When is your next trip to Denver? Jeanne

doug said...

LAUR: We loved having your children stay with MOM and DAD. It was such a fun THREE WEEKS!

(what do you mean it was only a week?)

LOVE, Gigi and Papa