Sunday, April 13, 2008

Oh, happy day...It's Jeff birthday


Happy 36th birthday to the unique and entertaining individual that I call husband, best friend and love of my life. Enjoy your day, sweet pea!

36 little known facts about my loverboy!

1.Jeff has a beautiful singing voice. He hides this talent, but if you've had the privilege of hearing him sing you'll agree, it's fantastic!
2.Once a breakdancer-always a dancer. Jeff can really bust a move! He loves to dance.
3.This gentle giant loves to hunt. He loves the mountains, fishing and the sport of hunting.
4.Determination--Jeff is determined and dedicated. He was originally cut from his high school basketball team due to being a "smartmouth" to the coach. The next season he was determined, proved to the coach he was serious and went on to star on the team. Eventually, played in college on a scholarship.
5.everybody knows his humor, but only a select few know of his love of "covered wagon" joke, or anything potty related! Boys will be boys.
6. Jeff has been voted" most valuable player" many times. On the court, for his skills and teamwork from his basketball team. Off the court, with Pfizer as he has earned this title several times with "Rookie of the year" being his favorite honor.
7.He's not afraid to show some emotion. No really, this man can shed tears like no other. Truth be told, I fell in love with Jeff because of his sensitive heart.
8.He loves shopping. Don't deny it, Jeff
9. Jeff gives me the best gifts ...he loves to surprise me and always spends way to much money on me.
10. Shoes, Shoes, Shoes, To know Jeff is to know his love of shoes.
11. He has the best" fake" laugh you've ever heard. Ask to hear it sometime.
12. He will never have to many white dress shirts.
13. Jeff loves fine dining. Eating out while Pfizer foots the bill has certainly shown him the better side of the fine cuisine.
14. Jeff knows people. He is a great communicator, and in tune to the needs of others.
15. Jeff is quick to say sorry.
16. He will ask for directions if he's lost.
17. Jeff has a photographic memory! He truly can remember all things, and continually amazes me with complete details. Movies from his 7th grade, a speaker he heard last year, and many times I ask him...where did I put my purse?
18.He is athletic, and loves sports. He prefers to watch college sports rather than professional ones. However, I am happy to report he's not one to stare at the T.V for hours on end. That being said, I know come March it's his turn to enjoy the Madness.
19. The "baby whisperer" can settle down and make any baby smile. Babies love him. He is nurturing and adorable with children.
20.Nothing compares to the love he has for his own children. There is no place he would rather be than right beside his family.
21. he was voted class clown in grade school, (surprised?) But, did you know he was voted "top drama student" in high school. He only joined the drama club for one year (cute girl in class) but once again, he excelled!
22.He is loyal friend and values his relationships with others.
23.He is very complimentary, and can make anyone feel special.
24.He is our Elders Quorum President. I love to see him in action. He mingles in the halls after church listening to the needs of others. He's the first person to offer help, and lighten the burden of others.
25.He doesn't like to read, but likes to be informed and knowledgeable. So, has taken to Books on tape and listens to them all day while driving around.
26.He doesn't like fiction, only non-fiction stuff.
27.He's patient. Enough said.
28.Jeff like veggies and dinner food better than dessert! What, you've never heard of such a thing neither had I until I met him.
29.Jeff loves movies. All kinds.
30.He is strong when faced with trials. He is my rock!
31. Jeff smells good. I mean really good. He loves cologne. He is particular and distinguished.
32.Jeff loves to play with the kids. It doesn't matter if it's dolls with Avery, Star wars with Zach or computer games with Ellie. He will always make time to play.
33. Jeff calls me everyday from work. Idol "chit chat" is not his favorite but he knows it's important to me and he never complains.
34. Jeff is diligent in his duties. He works efficiently. He is successful at finding a balance between work and play.
35.Jeff loves the Gospel, he is steadfast in his desire to serve the Lord. He is spiritual, and open to inspiration and guidance. He is humble, he honors his priesthood, and is mindful of the Lord in all things. I am thankful to him each and every day.
36. He is my most favorite person in the world.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Drama Queen!!!

Laurie said...

Breya, He's a Thespian, please, more respect. Ha, Ha

Mama Mia said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! Oh I could just squeeze those little cheeks but the collar would get in the way! No seriously...Your great! I feel special because I know all about your covered wagon/potty jokes! What a sweet post Laurie! Did he get his awesome gift from you? Can't wait to hear how he likes it!

Anonymous said...

Believe it or not, I can still fit into that sweater. All I can do is laugh when Laurie gives me a covered Wagon/Dutch Oven. She is such a trickster. OK so my secrets are out. No, I won't sing in your choir, babysit your kids, let you hear my fake laugh, remember where your purse is, act in your community theater production, or tell any of you I am sorry. I will however, let you take me to dinner, play on your rec team, go hunting on your private land, watch March Madness on your big screen, let you buy me a new cologne, give anyone I can a covered wagon, and let you have me to dinner, not so much dessert. And I will always love you Laurie. This birthday was great. Thank you for your time and love. All I can say is wii.

texasangie said...

Happy Birthday to your man! I am really lost--a covered wagon??? Is it a guy thing?

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

OK I had to scroll down before reading to see if there were really 36 things. WOW!! Happy Day Jeff. The Enlows think your great and feel very lucky to call you FRIEND.

doug said...

Laurie: that is a wonderful tribute to "your OLD man". (inside family joke!)

FUNNIEST POST EVER! and YOU are every bit as funny as Jeffrey anyday! You just do it in writing, verus his 'live performances'.

LAUR, we'll have to admit: of ALL of our SON-IN-LAWS = Jeff is really the best!

Ok, so he's our only son-in-law! even if he wasn't, he'd still be really good! ha ha. Yes, Jeff is sorta special but we didn't want you to actually let him KNOW IT in writing!

Happy Birthday HEFFIE, sorry I was roofing my house and missed the party, but I'll be there later this week for the TWINS SOIREE.

Love, PAPA (gigi is there with you!)