Friday, April 11, 2008

I went on a date on with another man...and boy was he cute

2 years ago Zachary and I went out on our first date. We loved it, every minute of it and so the tradition started...Mommy and son date night. This week Zachary said to me "Mom, why did you stop dating me? Ouch. I guess it's time for our special date. The truth is...other than Jeff, there is no one I'd rather date than my little Z-man. Zachary just loves our time together. I don't know if he likes the actual "date" as much as the preparation. He puts a lot of thought into it...what should I wear? Can I wear a squirt of Dad's cologne? Will mom order me a boutonniere? Yes, the first year I did indeed order my handsome date a boutonniere. Do all kids have the insatiable desire for alone time with their parents, or just twins who never really had an "only child" phase of life. Zachary and Ellie just love their special nights out. And, who am I kidding...we love it, too!

We enjoyed our night at Roja, very tasty Mexican food

Zachary going down on the chips and salsa! His absolute fav.For an after dinner treat, we went to the Nestle cookie shop for some hot chocolate and dessert. Looks as if Z is lovin' his double chocolate peanut butter bar. He's giving me a chocolate covered smooch.

7 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Okay I love this idea! The post title is great! Darling picture of you and Zman!(Did you ask the waiter to take it...I love it!) How cute that he gets into the preparations! I love that guy! I had to wait up till you posted! Talk to ya tomorrow!

texasangie said...

What a special tradition! I love it!!

Jeanne said...

That is the sweetest blog.....I can't wait to see the children tomorrow and maybe the Zman will go on a date with me!!! I treasure having the kids visit us one on one during the summer!!! I think it is so good for the twins to be an only child for a week and totally spoiled by their Gigi and Papa!! Love you all, Mom

doug said...

HANDSOME lad that Zachary Boy! Papa is jealous!
Zach gets to have all the fun! Wish I could have been there - - just so I could get to pay, that's what Grandpa's do best.

NICE SMILES Zach! you are doing so much better with your picture smiling. I may have to take a couple of pics of you when I get to OMA this week.

Jen Giorgis said...

I love that tradition!!! What a special time for all. I think that we just may start doing that here at our house as well. Thanks for the idea and thanks for sharing a piece your special date!

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

I love this! Jason is so good about Daddy son dates, but I can't think back to one date I have had with the boys. I would love to do this too. Oh ya, BUDGET!!! Maybe one month Jason gets to date, and the next month it's my turn? Well see if I can remember the camera to take pictures of it.

Bethers said...

The food looks delicious and your date is too!