Thursday, August 2, 2007

Out of the mouths of babes!

I have never been one to diligently keep up with a journal. Truthfully, I rarely write in it. I know the importance of record keeping and documenting history. I love the thought of sharing our life and stories with our children's children someday. I consider this blog to be my "new and improved" journal and am thrilled to have this method in which I can share our stories. I do have many other forms of "remembering the little things" that I have worked on through the years. Scrapbooking remains my favorite way to preserve memories. But, we also have a book that we keep close at hand to jot down the funny & endearing things that our children say. The list is very long and always gives us a good chuckle when we reread it. I thought you might also enjoy some of the entries. Here goes...


Ellie age 3 1/2 - After waking up in the morning with a "scratchy" voice she said, " mom, my voice is broken."


Zachary age 31/2- On a winter's day as I buckled him in his car seat, I didn't realize his left hand was tucked inside his coat. He said, " I think my hand is hiding from me."


Avery age 3 - Driving thru the McDonald's, she said," When I grow up I want to be a cheeseburger man."


Ellie age 31/2 Ellie has always looked out for her brother...One afternoon she said, I'm making sure Zachary is being a good boy. Don't worry, mom, I give him a hug after I put him in time out!"


Zachary age 4- Zachary always thinking about daddy said, (After going poo-poo for the first time on the potty) Don't flush it I want to save it and show daddy....Lucky Jeff.


Avery age 3- Jeff was pretending to gobbler her up because she was so cute and she replied, "No eat me, eat pancakes only" Avery loved pancakes at the time and clearly thought about them quite a bit.


Ellie age5- she said to Jeff " Do me a favor, and call me Angel from now on"


Zachary age 5 - This night Jeff gave the kids a blessing as they start kindergarten the next day. Jeff was touched by emotion and cried during the entire blessing. Zachary said" Dad, why did you use a different voice"


Avery age 3-singing the sidewalk saying..."don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's back" Avery says " don't step on a crack or you'll break your mother's heart"


Ellie age 5- For dinner we had chicken and stuffing, she said " Mom, I don't want anymore filling I don't like it" I guess stuffing is quite filling, ha.


Zachary age 6 - I wore sandals to church and he said, " Mom, you aren't wearing any socks your feet are not modest."


Avery age 3 -after getting frustrated trying to keep up with Ellie whistling ,she said" I can't istle, I only blow air"

Thanks for indulging us and reading these things that very well may only be meaningful to us. Again, I am thankful for the convenience of my new journal and will continue online (& printing) my journal entries. Love, Laurie

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

I loved it Laurie! Your kids say the "darnest things"! Just loved reading these cute memories! I wish I had a list like that! I am not that good at remembering or writing them down! You have inspired me!

Unknown said...

Hi LAUR, your list of kiddies funnies are the best ever! I have one to add from AVERY: we were having a little cookies and milk break with OREOS when AVEE said: "I like to scrape the white stuff off on my teeth" I said Oh that's nice. Then she said "But then you have to eat the BLACK STUFF"

Gigi said...

Hi Sweetie, I hope this comment goes through this time because I have only tried 3 times unsucessfully I might add! I absolutely loved the funny comments from the kids! I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes! They are a tresure and I'm so glad you wrote them down! Someday I would like to have a copy of your journel! I love you all so muchhhhhhh! Love, Mom