Friday, August 17, 2007

Do you know what tonight is?


If you have an 8 year old daughter you know with out a doubt...it's the premiere of High School Musical 2. Ellie has been anxiously awaiting the sequel to High School Musical. The Disney channel has had a constant buzz of promotions saturating the network for quite some time now. They sure know how the work the "tweenie" age girls. The countdown began today, with frequent announcements from Ellie of how many hours till showtime. She invited her good friend, Kylie, to come over and watch together. Kylie showed exactly 12 seconds before the show began. I know this because there was a timer running across the t.v ticking down the seconds. Ellie was worried she wouldn't make it but, lo and behold she ran through our front door just in the knick of time. The girls are in their jammies and snuggled up in the "anywhere chairs". Right now they are snacking on grape soda, popcorn, m&m's & licorice. I don't suppose Ellie will fall asleep before midnight with all the sugar in her. I couldn't help but overhearing some of their conversation-main topic is"Troy." Nothing better than listening to their sweet little giggles, & watching them try out the new dance moves. I'm going back to join them. Goodbye.



2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

How fun! You are so fun to plan that for Elle! I love the cute popcorn holders! Where did you get them?

Unknown said...

posted a long note last evening and then when I hit enter to publish I found I was logged on as Jeanne and then of course you lose all of your words when you sign in to another account. I'm not much better at this than mom (and she is getting better and better) someday she'll pass me up, I say "do you need help doing that? and she says "I've already done it"

So whatever, YES AVEE is something special even when compared to all the extra special children of the world, of course we all know why you and Jeff are so crazy about her = = that's because she is such a fast learner, a normal kid, and doesn't have any life threatening situations to scare you out of your wits. . . . nothing like our famous twins! ! right?

ELLIE calling you three times is INDEED special since it is YOU that she cares about the most. YOU LAURIE are a fantastic MOMMY even though Jeff gets all the attention being a super daddy type.

Hah, don't you remember when "SHUT UP" actually meant telling someone to be quiet? Now of course it means "What? I can't believe what you just said! ha ha, lots of
LOVE FROM PAPA