Friday, August 10, 2007

Simply Irresistible




Avery and I spent a "girls night"out at the mall- our destination, Gymboree. Avery is a fun shopping partner because she enjoys it as much as I do. Infact, she is the only person who can keep up with me or even wants to be with me on a shopping trip. We make quite a team. We happened upon a princess backpack with a diamond tiara on it. Last year Avery used a hand-me-down from Ellie. This year, this sweet child has her" very own" princess backpack. She is overjoyed. Can you remember the joy from such a simple pleasure? She must of thanked me a dozen times. I heard a steady stream of things like this..."You're the best mom ever", "Dad, is going to freak out( obviously, influenced by her older sis) ", "I love you sooooo much, mom". "Thank you, thank you, thank you". I literally heard her say "You do the nicest things for me- two times." She is 3 . She is simply irresistible. I must admit the times we share with the kids alone are so refreshing. Each child is very unique. When we spend "one on one" time we recognize the tender moments and can focus on the little things that make them so special. I want it to last forever. I want to remember holding their hands, the sweet conversations, snuggles and especially the kisses.
Avery went to bed tonight with her backpack tucked in beside her. But, before we turned out the light, she gladly modeled her new accessory.


Ellie was invited to her first sleep over. We have decided against letting her actually spend

the night but, she can stay out late. So far it has gone just as I suspected. She has phoned home 3 times. Once, to tattle on Julia. Second, a call asking me to come join her at the party. Third, to let me know that the PG movie says bad words...butt and shut-up. Jeff is on his way to pick her up as we speak. I bet she still had fun. She just doesn't stray to far from home. Goodnight, I think I hear Jeff and Ellie pulling in now.

5 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Darling backpack! Tempting, but I better let Brighton use the one from last year! I love that Ellie called 3 times from her Late-over!!!

Fujitales said...

So cute, those freckles on that girl are a heartbreaker! I wish I had a good shopping partner - mine all just want to grab and cry. One day soon, hopefully.

I didn't end up going with Dax to Denver, obviously, darn it. We just decided it was too long with Brenda and the kids, and he wants a vacation where he doesn't actually have to work during the day - how selfish! Anyway, it doesn't seem like a vacation is in the cards for us this summer, especially now with this new job. We'll see if we can squeeze a long weekend in when he gets home for our anniversary. Anyway, I'll call you this week, so we can chat and I can lament about being a single mom.

Bre

Fujitales said...

My email address is dax_and_breya@yahoo.com. Were you ever able to open the Cafe Rio recipes? I can try to send them again.

Gigi said...

Hi Sweetie, I'm just testing! Love You, Mom

Gigi said...

Hi Sweetie, I think I finally have figured my password and display name out! I have written so many comments and couldn't get them published! I'm a dork! I love the blog and love the pictures! Love you all, Mom