Friday, June 22, 2007

Twins...an undeniable bond.

We have somewhat settled in on our summer routine. I work out at the gym in the morning. The kids have their classes in the late morning and after lunch we head to the pool. If Avery and Zachary wear a life jacket in the water they can venture into deeper water. They typically don't play together and infact don't even stay close by one another. Two completely different children going two separate directions in the pool. But, Ellie and Zach are a different story. I suppose Ellie will always look out for her brother. And Zachary will let Ellie take his hand and guide him like he does no other. Today I witnessed a true example of the closeness the twins share. Ellie took Zach in the deep end to play with him. He willingly went with her, no grimace or "sour face" as she held his hand in the water. Two cute little heads bounced their way towards the deep end (it's only 4 feet) together. I don't know exactly what they said or did but she never left his side. At one point she jumped up out of the pool, watched as Zach struggled with the same maneuver. Without a second thought she jumped back in and hoisted Zach's rear end up on the pavement. She then lead him by the hand to show him the stairs for next time. She loves her siblings and is such a great example for both Zach and Avery. Thanks Ellie for your love and patience with your brother. Ellie has been a tremendous help this summer at the pool. Thankfully she is good swimmer and loves the water. Zachary likes to "hover" over me (and other moms for that matter) but he is working on being more independent. Avery just loves any water time...shallow end with her friends or deep end with Ellie. She doesn't cry when we pack up to leave like she did the first week but it is still hard for her to leave the pool at the end of the day. We are all exhausted by bedtime. And, I'm off to bed now. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

What a endearing story! I loved it! We miss the pool but will see you soon! We just arrived and are exhausted!

Gigi said...

Hi Sweetie, Well I cried when I read your new entry!That was the most moving story on the special bond the twins have!I have seen it on so many occasions but that story was so sweet I will never forget it!Thank you for sharing it with us!Love you all so much!Love,Gigi

Unknown said...

Hello ELLIE: I want to thank you for being such a good girl and especially the way you are so caring and helpful with both Zachary and Avery.

You and Zachary are the best twins I have ever known and certainly the best twins that I have as a grandfather, even if I had lots of twins for grandchildren, I know that you would be the best.

YOU are especially kind and generous in your ability to know when to help Zachy. Believe me his special needs are not readily apparent to others but YOU KNOW how and when to help.

You are just like a grownup lady when you do that. I am VERY PROUD of you Ellie, and I can't wait to see you next Friday. LOVE, PAPA