Monday, June 11, 2007

Strike a pose

Ellie had her first hip hop dance class with Emma today and she really liked it. I thought we scarred her for life with the recital in kindergarten but, she is giving dance another shot. Infact, she gladly posed for the camera with her favorite new move.


Well, I finally I got a bit of housework done today. The first day since school got out. We still had all of our activities but the excitement has worn off and the kids settled in and watched a bit of t.v. I know I am the only mom who encourages t.v. Ha . Actually, we are having a very structured summer. Infact, the children are also doing some "home school." Nobody panic, I haven't lost my mind. We are just trying to continue working on schoolwork through the summer. They each have worksheets to complete each day. It is going surprising well. They all love it. Did you read that right? Even Zach is loving it. Well, he has not done much academic stuff since he is in summer school this month. But, he and I are still playing learning games and reading together. Ellie is working on mastering her math facts and writing. Don't even think about leaving Avery out, she will remind you about her home school. So, she is working on improving her "coloring" shapes and numbers.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

LAURIE: get off you web log and you'll be surprised at how much work you can get done when you are NOT at the computer! - - I should NOT talk, LOVE, DAD

ps MOM thinks she's a blogger now = OH BROTHER!

RobW said...

love the blog!! everyone needs a blog if you ask me. anyway, so cute. love the photo of avery at Tar'get hope all is well. laur, send me your email to email@robgwilliams.com

Mama Mia said...

I love the blog as well! So happy you have one!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie! Your mom just emailed me your "blog" site! How cute it is and how cute your family is! The kids are so big and doing so many fun activities. I really hope we can all see each other this year. Keep in touch!
love, Chrissy