Thursday, June 14, 2007

It's swim time.

Ellie and friend Kylie today at the pool

Well, today the kids and I ventured off to our new pool. What a fun and exhausting day. It's hard to watch two kids that can't swim go off in two different directions. Zachary is against wearing his life vest this year. So, we made a deal... if he stays right beside me he could leave it off. After all, we hang out in the shallow area. I was comfortable with that. So, I had no problem keeping Zach by me but Avery was a different story. She is a fish in the water. Calm, mild mannered Avery is anything but that in the water. She loves to go straight to the deep end. I think she feels safe and secure in her life vest, she feels as if she can swim on her own. Or maybe she is trying to keep up with her big sis. Ellie is totally enjoying the freedom of being with her friends anywhere in the pool without my "watchful eye" on her at all times. She is a good swimmer and I trust her. Zach was disappointed to learn that he couldn't go in the "fog room" (his word for steam room) because he wasn't old enough.


I made a drastic hair change. Are you ready for this...? I clipped my bangs back off my forehead. The humidity got the best of me and my bangs- no time to fuss and fix them. Now, I know that is some exciting news. Stay tuned for more.




2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Can't wait to see you at the pool!

Unknown said...

Hi Laurie, you may want to change the date on your camera since it says 05 of '06 and I have it on good authority that it is 06 of '07. I have been enlarging and saving each of your cool web log pictures.

The kids look great. Hey why no pics of your new doo with no bangs?

LOVE, PAPA