Wednesday, December 15, 2010

This December...

December 2010.  What can I say about this past December?  We sold our house the beginning of the month and I was in over my head from that point forward.  Jeff traveled for most of the month.  His new position as DM and training in NYC back to back kept him busy.  Parties and celebrations beyond the usual Christmas festivites kept the kids and myself busy.  Emotional stress of the month took a toll as well.  Most of the time I didn't know if I was coming or going.  And, forget about doing the "traditional" things of Dec, if it wasn't bare necessity, it didn't get done. 

It was the middle of the month before we put any decorations up.  And, even then it was minimal.

"Let's get some Christmas up in here." In the begining stages. 

I do not recommend planning a move in December.  Really messes up your mojo for the holidays.  

However, I do know that the one thing that should never be left undone is the celebration of our Savior and His life.  Not just during December....but, all year long.  Remember Him always. 

So while it wasn't the most decorated and "festive" Christmas season of all, it was magical and meaningful all the same. Jeff parents joined us for the holidays and as always we enjoyed our time. As a special treat Debbi and kids flew in to Omaha to be with family for Christmas.  We were so thankul to have in our home.  A house full of company and playing together is just the way the month is meant to be.   

0 comments: