Monday, December 6, 2010

Thanksgiving

T is for Thankful.
Avery had 2 parts in the Thanksgiving Day play this year.  Jeff and I went to the school, watched her perform and couldn't wipe the smiles off our face.  She had her parts memorized and used expression when she spoke.  She had been working on  her "expressive voice" and by golly she did a great job.  She was nervous but you really couldn't tell from the audience...she said her part with such confidence. 

Afterward, we hit the highway for Denver.

The Williams family all came together for  Thanksgiving this year.   We were lucky to have Irene, Kat's sister and mom, Mrs. Zervas join us this year as well. 
We had a wonderful weekend and spent Thanksgiving in a very traditional way.  Which is exactly the way it should be, if you ask me.  Mom outdid herself with amazing food.  We started the day with a delicious brunch, then appetizers (yummy mini cupcakes, all the way from New York) and of course the main event...a big turkey dinner. Needless to say, we were all stuffed and happy.  Like I said, traditional.

 The cousins were cute as pie.  The girls played together so well that no one was ever left out or had hurt feelings.  Baby Charlie (who is so darn cute and not really a baby anymore)  was crazy for Zachary.  He followed him around all day.   Zachary wasn't quite sure how to respond to all this new attention placed upon him. Many times you could over hear Zach asking "why is he following me?"  And, even though he enjoyed having a pal for the weekend his affections were drawn to Irene and Kat.  Always the pretty girls.  They were gracious and loved him up.  With that being said...his heart will always belong to his uncle Robby.

Boy o boy,  do the kids love their uncle robby.


 

look at my beautiful sisters.  Inside and out.  Chrissy, Irene, and Kat.
We kept ourselves entertained.

even found some time to relax
Gigi had some help in the kitchen.
I am thankful to my parents for hosting us all and the choas that follows.  We  had a fabulous Thanksgiving weekend.  I have such gratitude in my heart for a family that gathers around the table together.  To count our many blessings.  This is what Thanksgiving is all about.   

4 comments:

Jeanne said...

honey, I loved our family gathering for Thanksgiving also.......thank you for the beautiful post!!! As usual you said it all and you said it the best!!! LUV U,Mom

doug said...

Dear LAUR: Gee, your graphic presentation of how wonderful THANKSGIVING was at our house is much calmer and more serene that I remembered it! hah, You're right about Gigi doing a great job and the Zervas girls, and your sisters ALL looking great. Ellie and Lily also look too cute.

And there it is . . . PROOF POSITIVE that Jeff WAS holding me in our football game!! He looks so thin (he must be working out) Really nice photos! I like the one of the table with Candles, Chrissy & Mark. ALAS, it was over too quickly and mom and I are just left here wondering "where did everyone go?"
LOVE, papa

Unknown said...

The pictures and comments are beautiful! We all had such a great time in Denver and YES your parents outdid themselves with the food and entertainment. Please keep in touch!
love Chrissy

Fujitales said...

You did a much better job at taking pictures on Thanksgiving than I did. My post is so pathetic. I love that you were all there together to celebrate, and I love the pictures of cooking together in the kitchen. Those are always my favorite memories as a kid is cooking with my mom and grandma and cousins.

So fun.