Saturday, August 7, 2010

Busy

Wow, I can hardly believe this summer is quickly coming to an end.  We have definitely power packed our days.  This was the summer of "camps."  The girls were interested in trying new things and thankfully the dates and times alligned up perfectly. 

Zachary wasn't interested in any camps this year.  He has a renewed commitment to attend boyscouts.  He loves Scott Brezack his current leader and friend.  Scott makes scouts fun and the waterskiing field trips make Zach's day. Thank you Brezacks. I can't believe how much this kid loves the water and the thrill. 
He also enjoys special time alone with me in the afternoons.  We went to lunch together many days when both girls were away. 

Zach also did his tutor 2x a week on Wed. and Fri. Dare I say...no pic of the happy little boy scooting off to tutor.  Nope.  He protested with all his might each day.  But, ultimately gave it and... I think he secretly likes his time with Ms Sindie.


We were busy.  I felt like a taxi driver going to and fro most days.  But, it was great.  I love having the kids learn new things on their own.  Avery decided she doesn't like basketball (even though she won "most baskets" each day.) Man, that girl is stubborn.  There is no changing her mind about it.  My hope is that in time, she will give it another chance.  Ellie decided she does like volleyball (even though she never got a good hit on the ball)  She wants to continue in the fall.   Perseverance! Love her for it.  She has a strong will and I like to see it put to a good use.  Busy summer days with crazy evenings.  Isn't that what summer is all about.

3 comments:

danandcami said...

Way to go for being willing to be the Taxi so the girls could learn lots of new fun stuff! I think lunch dates with mom would be better then camps too!

doug said...

WOW great pics of a busy summer LAUR, I am so proud of Ellie for liking V-Ball, papa used to love BEACH VOLLEYBALL but knows how hard it is to get a good hit! someday she will go to the olympics in Women's Volleyball, she'll be there with Avery in either Basketball or CRAFT OLYMPICS, papa likes a good fish pinata!! Ellie looks like Evonne Goolagong (Australian Tennis Star) Zee must LOVE his tutor Ms. Sindie or is it really water skiing he likes best? love from Gigi and Papa

Jeanne said...

Honey, I LOVE THESE PICS OF THE KIDS........how cute they are in their sports outfits!!! OH MY!!!! I can't believe Zach water skiing....amazing!!!!! Your kids are beautiful!!!! LUV U, Mom