Thursday, July 1, 2010

Salt Lake City

I highly recommend starting your summer out with a 2 1/2 week vacation.  It sure gets you in the grove of summer!  We left the day school ended and took off for Denver, with Salt lake as our final destination. 
We stopped in Denver just in time to go to bed.   We left the city the next morning after a bite at a favorite breakfast diner.   The car was crowded and packed and we were off to SLC. 
    After several stops along the way (we are notorious for stopping and taking it easy...) we made it to Grandma and Grandpas house.  And enjoyed a nice 4 day stay.  And then we were off again.  This time back to Denver with Mexico as a final destination.  This time without the kids.   Zachary stayed in SLC with grandparents.  The girls stayed in Denver with Gigi and papa. 

Grandma and Grandpa always have a few new kittens at their house.  The girls love 'em.
And, the drive-way.  Oh the driveway.  It's long, hidden from the street it and provides hours of fun.  It's a perfect driveway for playing.  Games, basketball and all kinds of goofing off. 

And in this case, the kids are on the roof.  Not my favorite thing.

The trip wouldn't be complete without a stop to Cafe Rio.  Yum! 

Or the mountains for a picnic.



                                                    
Thanks grandma and grandpa for a wonderful stay. And, for keeping our little dude the next week.

4 comments:

Fujitales said...

I love Z's new haircut, and new baby kitties, is there anything better at grandma's house.

I miss the Utah mountains.

Laurie said...

Yes, I agree about z's new haircut. I let him have the "shaggy" style long enough!

This has always been my favorite boys cut.

Jeanne said...

The kitten Ell's is holding looks just like "Cupcake"....darling!!! Laur, I know I say it over and over again but you take the best pics!! I love you, Mom

Rebekah said...

So sad we didn't get to see you while you were here:-(