Tuesday, July 17, 2007

These are a Few of My Favorite Things

One of my favorite things...listening to my children breath when they sleep. It's the most fullfilling and completely satisfying feeling of pure love. And it is that thought that brings me to this post. There's something so special about the sweet and simple pleasures in life.
These are a few of my favorite things...
Zachary's kiki (his PINK blanket)
the perfect freckles on Avery's face
Jeff
Ellie's big beautiful permanant teeth
snuggling with Zachary in the afternoon
laughing so hard your stomach hurts
crawling into bed at night
hearing the kids prayers. I will never tire of the most humble and grateful prayers that come from their hearts.
the way Jeff loves his family
staying in hotel rooms on vacation
cafe Rio
the freckles on Jeff's elbow
People magazine
a phone call from Jeff in the middle of the day
seeing the kids waiting in line to be picked up after school
watching Ellie read "The Friend"
Sunday afternoon naps on the couch
movie night with all the trimmings...popcorn, soda, and candy
going to bed early
shopping with Jeff
having a "grown up" conversation without the kids and
having a "real" conversation with the kids
the first day of school
finding bargains
being at the pool and feeling the sunshine beat down on me
the cornfield in the back of our house
Zachary & Ellie's love of the scriptures
listening to my kids playing
Avery's lisp
snugglig in bed with all 5 of us
Ellie and Avery hugging in the morning
driving
soup at Panera with Avery
diet cherry coke
Grey's Anatomy
the way Jeff makes me giggle when I've had a bad day
cookie dough
Zachary's love for his dad
Fresh flowers
watching Avery twirl her hair
after a crazy Sunday morning, the calm feeling of being in church
crushed ice at Kum-n-Go
rountines
BBQ's
birthday parties
going out to dinner
having our parents in town, staying at our home
The miracles that are Zachary and Ellie & the peaceful joy of Avery
Jeff's sensitive heart and love to me
wasting time on this blog...and on that note, I've off to the grogery store and drycleaners.

8 comments:

Fujitales said...

I loved your post. you've inspired me to write a "favorite" list. I'll give it some thought, and post it in the next day or so. I'm in Rexburg, so I've got nothing but time on my hands...
Thanks for leaving comments, it makes me feel popular - just like Galinda!

B

Mama Mia said...

That was beautiful Laurie!

Unknown said...

LAUR: you are really clever, the picture thing (graphics) fails so you just come up with meaningful and heartfelt words (copy) that only a loving mom can imagine. . . excellent! !
LOVE, dad

Unknown said...

I'm still hoping for info as to how a reader like me can add a picture to your blog, as you know, the zee man will get his picture taken standing next to the giant Dinosaur skeleton on Saturday before flying back to OMA. I'll email it to you if I can't post it.

Mama Mia said...

Laurie and Doug there is a way but I have never done it myself. Laurie can go to settings and add you as one of the bloggers on the Anderson Tattle Tales. Many families do it and blog from all over the world together on one blog.Example:The Romney Brothers.
Just stopping in to say HI!

Mama Mia said...

Or one more easy way could be for Laurie to give you her password to get on her blog and then Doug can add his own post! I want to see Zee man!

Anonymous said...

Jeff,

You made 3rd on the list. Zachs blankie must be pretty sweet! I think I'm at the bottom of the list! My wife like the freckles on my rear end.

Mama Mia said...

Bruce you are at the top of my list but I hate to say it... your freckles (of which you are so proud of) are at the bottom!