Thursday, July 26, 2007

Never Say Never!








Zachary continually amazes us and always takes on a challenge. Wednesday night was no exception. Jeff is in charge of the youth boys program, and each week they plan a new activity. This night in particular the boys were invited to go on a water skiing excursion. Jeff took Zach along for this special night. I was not sure what to expect but knew Zach was in good hands. I am always confident the kids are safe and happy when they are with Jeff. I couldn't wait to hear about the trip and was expecting to hear that Zach enjoyed the boat but the water was to chilly for him. Not the case...Infact, Jeff said Zach was fearless! He loved it. Starting with the life vest, the fast boat ride, tubing with daddy, and finally with his own ride on the knee board. He loved it all. Zach was a little dare devil on the lake and quickly learned the hand signal "thumbs up " to increase the speed. Never say Never! He held on tight to the rope with both hands. The smile on his face was priceless. I am sad to of missed this adventure. Thanks to Jeff for taking pictures and to all the men and young boys who shared their boat time with Zach. What a great and memorable experience for Zach and a proud moment for Jeff as he watched his brave little dude take off on the knee board alone. Now, if we could get Zach to tackle the challenge of reading with the same enthusiasm. Ha. We've got our little snuggle bugs camping out in our bedroom tonight with an abundance of duvet's and pillows. I've got to go now to massage Zachy's arm, little lefty is sore. Zach proudly proclaimed this morning that he has "sprained his muscle" from water skiing! We are so proud of him.

3 comments:

Fujitales said...

What a brave little man! I'm so proud of him! I guess all boys will be boys and Zach is no exception. What a fun day.
Sorry we didn't chat this week. I'm off to Redfish tomorrow morning, I'll be back next Tuesday - I sent you one of Livi's birthday invites. I thought they turned out cute. Anyway, I'll call you next week.

B

Mama Mia said...

I love the picture of him doing the thumbs up! He is doing so well in the pool too! Swimming like a fish!

Unknown said...

ZACHARY! I am so proud of you. I knew you could do it. What a tremendous picture of you holding on with your LEFT hand and giving the old "GO FASTER" sign with your right. There isn't anything that you can't do Zach, you can learn to do it, of course it helps if it is fun. Your daddy told me about these pics and your mom and dad are so proud of you. You can take this picture to the third grade and show your class during SHOW and TELL. They will be amazed like me. LOVE, Papa