Monday, June 28, 2010

The rest of the trip

Punta Mita.  It seems like a dream in a distant far away land.  In reality, it was only 2 weeks ago.  How quickly your "reality" comes crashing back to the fore front of your mind after a fabulous vacation.  I do love my real life but it was  nice to escape for awhile.    And, alas we have the memories.  Some amazing memories locked away. The entire trip was spent relaxing, playing and eating.  Boy oh boy, did we ever induge.  It was worth it.

The bento box was served pool side.  I wish I had a picture of the most delicious quacamole made to order at the pool.  Everyday.The above breakfast was room service.  I LOVE room service. Each and every day.
 
We hung out by the pool at some point during the day.  Every day.  
Jeff played golf at the famous Pacifico course.
This particular green is an island.  He didn't make the shot, but he loved trying.  The course is as beautiful as reported.  I had 2 spa days. Two full body massages. I told you this trip was indulgent, right. 
Jeff went scuba diving on the second day.  He's in love...fell for this new new hobby "hook, line and sinker".  I was so happy for him to have the chance to go.  He went earlier in the week (before Punta Mita)  in Puerto Vallarta and I knew he was hooked.  Then again, in Punta Mita.  He didn't however, like the ride out to the reef in this "dingy" boat. 

The last day we swam with the dolphins. I don't know about this sea lion kissing my cheek. I do know I was squirming underneath that smile. I loved, loved, loved being in the water with the dolphins.  However. I kept wishing the kids were with us to exprience this.



One evening, we left the party early and went for a midnight swim.   The pool was closed, but the staff is so accomadating they brought us towels still. 
I wouldn't trade these moments for anything!
Of course, we had the obligatory dinner evenings to attend with co-workers. But, with a setting like this it was hard to complain. This particular dinner was on the beach in the sand.

Each night a gift from Pfizer was delivered to our room.  My favorite was an apple I-Touch (don't have a picture) But, these Kenon sunglasses were totally sweet, too.




The gift I cherished above the rest was spending the week with my favorite person!  Thanks Jeffrey for the trip of a lifetime.  I love you.

4 comments:

Fujitales said...

Are there any openings at Phizer for me? Wow, what decadence! Looks like so much fun, and who are we kidding I know you and Jeff were skinny dipping!

doug said...

You can't work there if you can't spell it Breya!! ha ha OK so I'm really jealous of your trip LAUR, and you do a great job with your blogging pics and copy. JEFF, what's the matter with you??? anyone could hit that island . . .
LOVE,

papa

ps hey what about me?? I'd like to work for "FIZZER" too. . . . .

pps, who was that formerly RED HEADED DOLPHIN sticking his head out of the water at night?

doug said...

LAUR, 1. forgot to mention that the sealion kissing you must have had really "fishy" breath and 2. your "visions of Punta Mita" was VERY colorful and a wonderful design, love you, dad

Fujitales said...

Oh man, I hate it that I misspelled Pfizer, now they really won't hire me!! Thanks Doug for clearing that up!