Tuesday, June 1, 2010

May

I love the month of May.  Springtime and sunshine.  And of course, big smiles from happy children as the end of a school year draws to a close.  But, in the mix of the "happy" is one heck of a busy month.  It's all good, but it flies by so quickly I don't fully appreciate the moments.  And, there are many moments for me to remember.  Many performances,  receitals, parties, track day, field day, and school activites to keep every family on their toes during the month of May.  It just so happens when you see the opportunity to recover...SCHOOL iS  OUT.  Looking  beyond,  you are reminded that May was merely a glimpse of what is to become.    June will turn you upside down.  Busy days, with busy kids doing busy things. 
"Busy" is what I do in this season of my life.

Track and Field Day

Photobucket
Zach running the 50 yard dash.  Congrats dude!
Ellie running the 100 yard dash.  Look at the runner in that girl, Ellie.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I love the kids at Fire Ridge.  They have been taught well and show kindness and compassion for each other.  Every day.  This brings such a peace to me as I send my children out the door each day. Especially Zach,  I know he is in capable and caring hands by the teachers AND the students.  Take this for example...David, a 5th grade student (and one of Zachary's friends)  helping him down the steep stadium stairs. 
Repeat....A 5th grade boy with his hands on Zach's shoulder to give him stability!  Love it.Photobucket


5th grade celebration
What a great day it was!  A celebration for the graduating class of 5th graders.  They had a day of paddle boating, mini golf, hiking and of course frolicking with friends.  To end the day, a little program was planned and the parents invited.   They performed for us a cute song about "moving on."  I didn't expect to cry during the very first phrase.    I can't believe how much they have learned and grown these precious years in elementary.  These are great kids...going on to do some amazing things in middle school.  I expect a lot out of my miracles.

Ellie with her friends, Emma, Kylie and her teacher Mrs. Eby.
And, Zachary accepting his award for "hardest working" this year.  
Photobucket
Photobucket
The kids love these t-shirts.  They have the whole 5th grade class printed on the back. 

The Last Day of School
This was a hard day for Avery.  Saying goodbye is never easy, especially when it's goodbye to kindergarten, Mrs. Devoe and Fire Ridge all in one.  To say the least...Avery loved everything about kindergarten.  She cried for a week straight at the thought of finishing school for the summer.
Photobucket
Ah, she too has such good friends.
Photobucket
We already have plans for a playdate when we return from vacation!  Keep your chin up, Avie.


Sadly, I can't post Avery's recital pictures until we return from vacation. 
Stay tuned for the cutest little ballerina you ever did see....

2 comments:

doug said...

Hi LAUR: Mom and dad just love reading and seeing your blog posts. You do such a good job of "MEMORIES" for your kids, your family and GRANDPARENTS.

Avery should know that papa can NOT even remember his Kindergarten class so, "this too shall pass", but I sure do remember FIFTH GRADE, just like ZACH and ELLIE, I loved it and see myself in them.

LOVE,
Gigi and Papa

Fujitales said...

You were secretly blogging behind my back! I didn't see this post until this morning.

May is crazy, I still have a whole other post of end of school stuff, kindergarten program, field day and graduation. What a great school for you kiddies. There is nothing like good friends.