Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The many faces of Halloween

A dancing lady bug, spooktacular witch, and mad, mad scientist bring the thrill of Halloween to life. All three kids were pleased as punch with their whole "look" this year. Good gravy, this Halloween holiday has sure turned into a busy and hectic one. This year I put together costumes for the kids 6 different times for 6 different parties/activities. Gigi came for a visit and to sample some of the Anderson crazy "shenanigans"we call... day to day life. She came in time to share with us Avery's school program (& costume party), pajama party, Avery's Halloween mini dance recital, the twins school party and parade, and of course trick-or-treating. Sometimes, when things are hectic, stressed, & life is out of balance...it takes your mom to come "play" and pick up the pieces. Thanks, mom. Trunk-or treating, trick-or-treating, school parades, and parties...Zachary loved every minute of dressing up. You would think the candy would be a motivator, nope...it was his new identity. First, mad scientist. Next, doctor. He loved it all. I could see it in his eyes. Ellie mostly loved the make-up (much to Jeff's chagrin.) She couldn't wait for me to apply the make-up each and every outfit. She and Jeff attended a Daddy daughter date night, (Deal or No Deal Girl) and the make-up had to be perfect. Avery loved her sparkles. The only requirement for her ladybug outfit was it had to sparkle. Sparkle. Sparkly. That's my girl. All in all it was a wonderful halloween. We trick-or-treated in 70 degree weather, and that's the way I like it. Ellie and Jeff went to a Daddy Daughter costume party. They went as "Deal or No Deal, Howie Mandel and the Game show girl. Jeff wasn't thrilled with the idea but because Ellie loved it so much, he supported the idea. He put on a smile and dressed up as Howie.

The party and parade at school...crazy! Bless the hearts of the teachers and aides up at school, they put up with a lot of wiggles and giggles on this day.

14 comments:

. said...

I saw the picture of Ellie and thought it was YOU! She's growing up so fast (they all are - but with that makeup - she fast forwarded a bit!) Great costumes!

Jeanne said...

Oh My!!! what great pictures....I had sooo much fun with you and the kids during my visit!!! I just loved their costumes and Jeff and Ellie are a roit as "Deal or no Deal"! I laughed so at Zach's as a mad scientist and Jeff as Howie Mandel!!! Love you all!!!Xo Gigi

grandma said...

Cute, cute pictures. Yes, Ellie you and your dad are a great deal! Ellie you are dressed so cute or should I say beautiful, like a model. Jeff you make a great Howie Mandel. Avery you are a sweet, sweet lady bug and Zach you are the perfect mad scientist! Give each other a big hug from Grandma & Grandp.
We love you! Love Grandma

texasangie said...

Great pictures!! Sounds like you have been super busy!

Brezack Family said...

Ohhh, I miss the costume days! My kids went as a Senior in High School and a College Student:(
Your kids looked ADORABLE you are an amazing mother!
Love your family!

Jen Giorgis said...

That was such a fun post. I absolutely love, love, loved all of the kids' costumes. Zach and Ellie looked so authentic, and Avery as darling as always. I also loved Howie & his case girl. I think that they are better than the real deal. What a good sport Jeff was.

Mama Mia said...

DARLING KIDDOS! Love ALL of their costumes! See you at play group!

doug said...

OKAYEEEE: so I was first last time and then I space it out and end up being way down the list on this go round. JEFF: you're the tallest Howie Mandel I've ever seen, AVEE you're the cutest Dancing Lady water bug I've ever seen, ELLIE you're the witchiest WITCH with the most makeup I've ever seen, ZACHY, you're the most authentic MAD Scientist I've ever seen and your Teacher looks like a real nice guy.

LAUR: As always, you're the BEST!
LOVE, papa

Erick and Megan said...

Great costumes! I love Ellie's makeup and Zach's hair! Hilarious deal or no deal idea! (can't believe I beat Breya!)

fabulous5fentons said...

this is so fun! I love the pics on the slant - what a great idea. You guys are so great when it comes to costumes. Jeff should grow the goatee permantly! so HOT

Fujitales said...

I agree, Jeff's goatee should be a permanent fixture - so hot. Cute, cute kiddos, I wish I could get caught up... I'm so slow!

Julie said...

Hey...I totally remember you! I still make all your recipes..remember our little "recipe club"??? Your family is darling! We need to keep in touch! So glad you found our blog!

jennie said...

Laurie, your kids could not be cuter!! I am so glad I can see your blog. How darling!! Are you moving here or Denver?? I would love to have your family here!!

Anonymous said...

That is one hot Howie!!!! I like the soul patch Jeff is sporting!