Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fun in the Fourth Grade

Zachary and Ellie are having so much fun this year in school. They have an amazing team of teachers in the fourth grade. I am impressed with their creativity and talent to teach. Ellie adores her teacher. I'm thankful to Miss Bailey for keeping the interest and intrigue alive in Ellie. The school projects and even homework seem to be more interesting to my children this year. Both Z&E are crazy about science. Ellie loves her job as "reading buddy" to a 1st grader. Zachary loves the independence that 4th grade has allowed him. We are hearing about a few new friends this year. Ellie has 3 best friends in her class...David, Micheal and Morgan. Zachary is still smitten with the triplets ( 3 girls.)

Last night was the 4th grade musical. They had fun. Zachary was nervous. Ellie was not. Ellie had 2 solo lines in the program. She did it beautifully. They sang their little hearts out. Danced a few good dance moves. And smiled. Jeff overheard Zachary saying in the middle of the program..."I'm smiling for my mom and dad." Does that melt your heart? It does mine.
Zachary had a line that he said with 4 other children. (The hat is not part of the show, but it is part of Zach's unique style.)
Today was "crazy hair day" The kids had so much fun getting ready for school. Ellie had a big poofy ponytail on top of her head (resembled me in the 80's.) Zachary wanted an impossible hair do, but settled on "sticky up, pokey out" and we called it a Mohawk ( I know... but he doesn't need to know what the real thing looks like)
Ellie is having fun telling everyone about her new glasses. And, fun wearing them. I think she looks darling and so grown up!

And, this little girl has fun everywhere she goes. (Dairy Queen after the musical)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Melts my heart! I still cannot believe how great your twins are doing...especially Zach! WOW, he is a miracle baby. My kids loved hearing the story about them. It is so fun to get back in touch with you and get a glimpse into your life--you are still the amazing mom I remember you being-pls call next time you are in SLC!Love ya...Julie

Brezack Family said...

So Sweet! I can't believe how much Ellie looks like you! The first picture with her in her glasses that sits next to your family picture make the two of you look like sisters, I tell you!
Zack melts my heart each time I look into his spirit just behind his beautiful eyes!
And that little one of yours will be melting hearts all through school!

Mama Mia said...

Darling post and man Elle looks so grown up! What a fun program and love the crazy hair! We french braided one side of Brighton's hair and put the other in a pig tail...funny! Love Zacks style and Elle's hair clips! She looks so cute without bangs...fun seeing you today! I love the deals we found!

doug said...

OK, I get it, Fun in the Fourth Grade, but I can't remember that far back. I will say I like Zee's smile with the pointy sticky out hairdoo, and Avery is precious at the DQ but Ellie is far too cute with the Fuzzy hair pic, she looks like a gorgeous New York Model and I want it to . . . . .. STOP RIGHT NOW!!!

love,
papa

Jeanne said...

Ell's I love you in your new glasses.... you look so much older!!! Aveee, I love your beautiful hair getting longer....unfortunately you look older!!! Zach, I love you in your "newspaper boy" Hat and you look just like Brad Pitt!!! I love you all, GigiXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXo