Sunday, October 26, 2008

A trip to Vala's, once again...

Vala's pumpkin patch is unlike any pumpkin patch you have ever seen. It's definitely worth a visit. Just maybe not every year. It is famous, fun, and festive. But, for heaven sakes it's expensive and needs some renovating. Never-the-less the kids love it and it always proves to be a crowd pleaser. There are many things to do and none of them have to do with getting a pumpkin. Infact, honestly we've never been out to the actual GIGANTIC pumpkin patch (we found ourselves a charming little pumpkin patch this year) So, this being our 4th year you might want to know that our "favorites" remain the same...the go-carts, The Pirate maze, the trike races...STILL, the ginormous slide, pumpkin launcher, haunted house (not very "haunted"... and still to scary for my girls.) petting zoo (manages a few giggles,) and the big giant bouncy pillow. This year we were invited to Vala's with the Nebraska chapter of United Cerebral Palsy. We had a campfire and tent and they also provided us with dinner. "Camp- out" goodies galore! The wet wood burned with a blazing smoke, so we all had sore eyes but looked beyond the smoke and enjoyed the atmosphere and our relationships with one another.

7 comments:

doug said...

Well, this is one of those FIRST TIME posts for Dad. (rare since I'm usually a day or many later than all your other readers). Gee, I've not heard about VALA's being that world famous?? But it looks like something PAPA would love to go to and be with the grandkids. Thanks for another good blog entry LAUR,
LOVE, dad

Laurie said...

I never said world famous...Nebraska famous. lol

Jeanne said...

It looks like you had a blast and I can see why the kids love it so much!!! Speaking of the kids I can't wait to see them tomorrow....Yeah!!!! XO,Gigi

Jeremy and Neeley said...

Wow- I need to go back to Vala's! I thought it was fun when we went last year and I didn't even know they had half of the things you guys did! Your kiddos look so cute in all of the pics, too :-)

texasangie said...

Love to see all the fun fall activities!

Fujitales said...

I love fall, although this one I've been gone so much I haven't got to enjoy it nearly as much as your family. Hope your enjoying Gigi's visit - Happy Halloween!

grandma said...

Hi! The best part is the happy, smiling faces of my grand kids-making fun, fun memories with their mom and dad. What a fun time of the year. I hope you and the kids had a great time with Gigi! Give each one of big hug from Grandma & Grandpa.
Love from both of us!!!