Monday, September 15, 2008

It's what dreams are made of

Last week Gigi, Avery and I flew to Chicago for Avery's one-on-one trip. The traditional, anticipated and beloved trip that the twins take every year was now upon Avery. Since she is just to young to take the solo trip, I stepped up to the plate, "took one for the team" and offered my time to take the trip with her and Gigi. In exchange, I was guaranteed 3 special days with my daughter and mother. Truthfully, I was the mastermind behind the plan. An idea was born. Chicago. The American Doll Place. It is what Avery's dreams are made of. I was also chasing a dream; the chance to spend quality and uninterrupted playtime with Avery. This dream has been tugging at my heart strings since the realization that her preschool days are quickly slipping away. A chance to hold her tight for a moment longer, and play in her "make believe" world while it still occupies her little girl heart.

Us 3 gals traveled. shopped. giggled. swam. joked. played. 3 peas in a pod. Avery didn't know who to turn to first, Gigi or mama...lots of love in the room and her smile lit it up!


We enjoyed the famous Chicago deep dish pizza at this restaurant on the recommendation of Jeff and my dad.

Avie and Gigi in the hot tub. Avery looked forword to our nightly swims. Hot tub, then pool, back and forth. Gigi would humor her and get in the pool and play however, I prefered to watch my little dolphin do her tricks from the comfort of the hotub. And, she loved it all.After swimming, we set out to toss a penny in the wishing well and we were on our way to dinner. What a night. I bet this tuckered little girl fell fast asleep with only the dreams of tomorrow dancing in her head. Stay tuned for the details of our excursion to the American Doll Place.

8 comments:

Jeanne said...

It was one of my best trips ever....it was magical!!!Avery's huge eyes when she saw the American Doll Store was priceless!!! Spending one on one time with sweet Avery and my daughter was absolutely the most wonderful experience in the world.... it is all about making memories and that weekend was the best memory of all!!! Thanks for making it happen!! I love you all tons, XO,Mom

Brezack Family said...

Sooo Fun! I have never been to the American Doll store, so I can't wait to see your story. When you get your picts. back lets go 'scrappin' at the Scrapbook store!! Memories and Pictures of time spent with 'the girls' PRICELESS!
jill

Mama Mia said...

Can't wait for the next post! What a wonderful opportunity!

grandma said...

Laurie, I a so glad you went. Avery is getting so grown up. You are right the days are going by fast. She is quite the young lady and so cute with "Lucy". It was so fun to play with her and her best friend, Lucy when they came home. She had the best time. But, I bet mom and Gigi did too.

Fujitales said...

I can't wait for the upcoming posts. I'm so jealous that you guys took such a fun trip - Livi and I want to join you next year!

texasangie said...

A dream come true indeed! How fun!! I love the last picture of Avery with the hat!!

Adrienne said...

Hi, Andersons! What a fun trip. Avery is soo big,and I can't believe how big the twins are! Cristian was excited to see how his old friends have grown. Miss you guys!
Adrienne

doug said...

LAUR: Papa was not invited to go along on this trip, that's okay, since GIGI took my wallet along to represent me being there.

I hear that I was WELL REPRESENTED! I'm happy you girls had a great time. LOVE, papa