Tuesday, September 9, 2008

book worm

One of my favorite things about Ellie is her love of reading. It is her passion. She excels in school in all areas of reading. Reading keeps her a float. Any place, anytime, you can catch Ellie reading a book. This little sweat pea, could stay up all night with a good book in hand. Infact, when she gets a new book I have to keep her from reading it one sitting. So, you can imagine her excitement when she found out about the after school book club in 4th grade. She has been looking forward to this club since last year. And couldn't wait to join. The club meets once a month. The girls are responsible for their book and questions and then they compete with other teams. It's a battle for the books and my little book worm is ready to take charge!

6 comments:

texasangie said...

How wonderful that Ellie has such a love for reading! N & S are dyslexic so reading (and math) is PAINFUL at our house. They are learning some new strategies and techniques in their dyslexic class, so I am hoping they will someday learn to love reading!

Mama Mia said...

She is a girl after my own heart! I will swing and read with you any time! Good luck with the Battle of the Books!

Brezack Family said...

Laurie
I LOVE your blog, and I think I have started my own?? I wondered if I could add you to my favorites?
My blog is under Brezack Family. Hurry and look at it so you can tell me how to get it to look so cute, like yours! :)

Jeanne said...

Oh My! How I love that picture of Ell's....it looks just like her with her nose in a book!! We see that a lot as she is always reading!!! I love that!!! I love you all!!! XO, Mom

doug said...

Dear ELLIE: You are an excellent reader, and guess what? READING is the key to knowledge. You will discover all kinds of reading material which you will love. We are so proud of you! LOVE, Gigi and Papa.

grandma said...

Laurie, This is the best picture of Ellie. I want a 5X7 or 8X10. She loves to read day and night. But, so does her mom, Gigi, Papa and Grandma. So, I guess it must be in her "jeans". She is soooooooooo cute.
Love, Grandma