Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor day

We spent a fun filled day at the Nebraska State Fair with our good friends, the Bischoff's. We started our day in the pig pen, and it was there that we experienced first hand the "hog on a jog" escapade. Jeff, Avery and Zachary were several feet behind us when suddenly a large pig broke loose and ran through the crowds knocking down anyone in his path. The pig tripped Avery, she fell and cried. I turned around to see her, and sure enough the pig was heading straight for me. Ellie and I quickly scooted out of his way, just in the nick of time! We still giggle thinking about it. After, we enjoyed the "kids zone" where the children got to feed the animals and hold a few babies. Next on our agenda was a crocodile show. It was semi- entertaining. We even got to pay $10.00 for a Polaroid picture of the kids holding a baby crocodile. The Nebraska State Fair is responsible for the disappearing 20's from Jeff's wallet. My favorite part of the Fair...Food on a stick. I had a corn dog for lunch ( a bit out of character for me, but very yummy) and for a special treat, deep fried Twinkie. Let's just say it's a good thing the fair only comes once a year. Can you say delicious? Enjoy some pictures !












2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Zach the Crock Hunter!!!! What a good time we had! I am going to copy your picture of Zach and Brighton! I never got one of those! Cute post!

Gigi said...

Hi Honey, Your trip to the state fair sounded exciting! I'm glad no one got hurt with the pig on a jog escapade! I'm not too sure about the twinke on a stick. I can't believe it was so good! I loved the pictures from the fair especially Zach holding the crock and the girls in their matching outfits! Your blogs are the best! Love you, Mom