Friday, September 14, 2007

Walk on the wild side














Tonight was Fireridge's walk-a-thon. Jeff loves all school sponsored activities... I hope you can detect my sarcasm. For someone who is as involved and present in their children's lives it may surprise you that Jeff has no interest in attending these type functions. However, he put a smile on his face tonight and off we went. We knew we would not walk the entire route so, we purposely left home 1/2 hour late. We walked around the neighborhood for a bit and we were then conviced to finish up on the school playground. Ellie whined a little, saying "she never ever gets to play on the playground" (I guess she doesn't count recess, EVERYDAY) After the walk we were treated with a live D.J in the gym. The children ( and in our case only Zach) enjoyed doing the limbo, Congo line and lots of dancing. Since we made it to the gym late we really didn't see any of Ellie's friends so dancing didn't thrill her. Zach didn't care -any chance to "bust a move" and he is all over the dance floor. After a bit, Jeff was able to coax the children out of the gym with bribe. "Let's go get ice cream, " and we were on the road within minutes. The weather was beautiful. The walk was nice. The night was fun. Our family time is awesome!

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

What a fun family time! Way to support Fireridge Jeff! I think Jeff should run for PTO President next year! I am glad the weather is nice! The kids look like they had a good time! Zach can come and limbo with me any time! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Unknown said...

Hi Laur, your blog is so well written. Gee I'm jealous. Where did you get all that talent????

Your walkers and your preschooler are the best.

LOVE,
papa

Fujitales said...

I haven't commented lately, so I'd just like to second the Jeff for PTO President next year. I heard about your break-in - yikes! I'll call you later.

b