Sunday, July 3, 2011

The Bahamas

We spent several days in the Bahama Islands.  Our first port was Freeport Island. Not our favorite island and definatly less than desirable.  Infact, it's very industrial, NOT friendly and an overall tacky island.  With that being said..."show us a beach and we will show you a good time".  After an expensive cab ride, we played in the small town, and enjoyed our day at the beach.  At the beach itself was beautiful.


I spy a tourist...


Thankfully, the island of Nassau was much nicer.  And, it was one of those days where everything just "works out" for the best.  We  orginally planned on the dolphin excursion at Atlantis.  But, after talking to well informed lady we decided to take the ferry over to a small island nearby.  We caught the ferry just in the nick of time.  Wow, the dolphin experience was incredible.  I am so glad we did it.  Avery loved it so much she suggested changing her dream career from veternarian to dolphin trainer.  To save money, I didn't do the excursion...being that I just did  the dolphins last year in Punta Mita, I was fine with it.  Unfortunately, that meant I really couldn't snap any photos either.  I snuck a few while watching on the dock.  Wish  I had more.  The remanider of the day we played at the beach.  I personally loved the hammocks stretched between 2 palm trees lining the beach.  But, the kids loved the water park inflatiables in the bay.  We were so happy with the little island, Blue Lagoon that we stumbled upon.  What a pleasant surprise!
We love combing the beach for seashells.   In this case, a huge piece of coral.  Time to run and catch the ferry back to Nassau...and then cruise back to Orlando.

3 comments:

doug said...

The FREEPORT Visitor and Convention Bureau is definitely NOT going to be using your copy to describe their island!!! Nassau may be a little happier, and I'm thinking that some Photography magazine may actually be contacting you soon for advice . . . mom loved the one of Ellie holding Zach's hand in the surf = so sweet!

Excellent to see that Jeff is taking good care of your little family. Hope to see you soon in another exciting Blogspot post.

LOVE,
papa

Jeanne said...

cute pics

Jeanne said...

Honey, you are an amazing photogragher and I absolutely love the pic of Ellie and Zach at the beach..... I need a copy of that one!!! LUV U, Mom