Monday, May 17, 2010

Look Ma, No teeth

Within the span of 3 months Avery has lost all four of her front teeth.  Her excitement didn't fade from the first to the fourth.  She loves having loose teeth and loves to talk of the tooth fairy.  However, she's not to eager to leave her tooth under the pillow.  Sometimes she wants to keep her teeth instead of passing it on to the fairy, and then some nights she plain forgets.  But, when it all works out she is happy as a clam to find the hidden dollars in the morning. 
  More than the toothfairy OR the money I think her joy came from being among the group of kindergarteners who had lost a tooth.  Each morning Mrs. Devoe would ask "who lost a tooth overnight."  she would then track and count the numbers of  missing teeth in her claass.  This is a big deal to 6 year olds.  Everyone wants to make a tally mark.   For many months Avery sat still desperately hoping for a loose tooth.  Finally it was her time.  Which made her turn to make a tally mark all the more sweet. 

As happy as Avery is, I can't help but miss her baby teeth.   Or maybe it's the baby Avery that I miss as she is growing up right before my eyes. 

4 comments:

Julie said...

I can totally relate! My kindergartner just lost her first tooth and I was sooo sad. She came to me today with another loose tooth and I told her she is not allowed to wiggle it at all :) kids grow up tooo fast, dang it! your little girl is adorable and your blog is so fun to read. my hubby has been doing our blog, but I need to start again!

laurie said...

Julie,
I also tried to forbid her from wiggling. Ha. But, she had 4 loose at one time. Yikes.

Jeanne said...

Avery, I love my picture so much and, I think, you look really cool with your two front teeth missing!!!! "All I want for Christmas is my two front teeth!" I LUV U, Gigi

Unknown said...

Livi is so envious of all the kiddos with loose teeth. She comes home everyday and give me a report of who lost a tooth. Just today, someone had a tooth fall out at school, she thought there could be nothing cooler. Her teeth won't even wiggle yet, and she is beyond depression.