Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm sure this doesn't surprise you

For Zachary's birthday party, he chose to skip the party and instead go to Mahagony with mom and dad.  This was just fine with me.  How could I resist an evening of fine dining with my two favorite boys.  Expensive, sure.  But memorable, no doubt.  I'm sure Zachary is the only 11 year old you know that would forgo a party with friends and presents in lieu of a fancy restaurant with his parents. But, this is what makes Zachary so unique and makes me want ot hold him in my arms forever!   Zachary is happiest basking in the glory and attention from his parents while enjoy fine cuisine.  Breya said it best, he is his fathers boy!
We had a splendid evening.  Jeff pulled the car up and chauffered us to the restaurant.  I presented my daper looking boy with a boutineer to complete his outfit and attitude.  Zachary was enthralled with the extra touches and attention to detail that make Mahagony (expensive) stand in a class by itself.  However, much to my dismay he was most impressed wtih the "hot" girls at the restaurant.  He devored the appetizer, lobster cargot.  He loved his dinner, filet migon.  He was stufted for dessert, 7 layer chocolate cake.   We had a birthday celebration fit for a king,  exactly as Zachary would want it.



5 comments:

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday Handsome Zachary!!!!! You are soooo sweet and special to me....you have my heart!!!!! Laur, I love that pic and your hair looks great!!!! I LUV U, Zach!! XO, gigi

Unknown said...

Your mom is right, your hair looks great, I love the color. Z looks so handsome, what a fun night. I'm going to have to see if I can persuade my kids into fine dining, instead of Chuck E. Cheese!

Rebekah said...

That is one of the neatest blog entries I've seen! That is so sweet! How neat that you went and did those extra little things that made it such a special night for him. What a MOM!

texasangie said...

What a fun "season"--celebrating birthdays!! So neat to celebrate in their own ways!!

doug said...

SO, just a big old GROWN UP BOY named Zachary, and in fact he is the favorite of lots of people!!

Certainly his Grandpa Newell AND his Grandpa PAPA. Happy Birthday BIG BOY, You are a hero in our eyes . . . . TOO!
LOVE, PAPA