Wednesday, July 8, 2009

4th of July


Jeff and the kids enjoyed the 4th of July with a party at a friends house. Where was I, you ask? I was frantically driving all over town looking for a lost dog. That's right. I am dog sitting, Bella and she ran away. She ran like the dickens! Ran so fast that I lost sight of her within 5 seconds. Lost. Lost for 5 1/2 hours. I made several calls to the Humane Society, no luck. Finally, Sunday morning I tracked her down. 3 teenage girls returned her home (to another neighbors) Sweet child, we are so thankful to the girl who went out of her way to catch, hold and return Bella!

I did however, manage to ask Jeff to capture the evening through photos. I was able to enjoy a few fireworks with the group. Boy, do the children (and men) love lighting fireworks! I don't quite understand the fascination. But,I do love the laughter, smiles and excitement of it all. 4th of July is a crazy holiday here in Omaha. Very festive and fun. I am thankful to the Fentons for hosting a fantastic night...thanks again.

Everybody loves a pinata. Ellie was the one who finally whacked it hard enough to burst it open.
Yeah, more candy.
Here's to one tired little boy...he had his fill of fun- running and playing with fire!!!!(Yikes) Look at all those fireworks...I shutter to think of all the money spent on this years display.

Until, next year.

7 comments:

Jeremy and Neeley said...

I can't believe you chased a dog for that long! I can only imagine how high up on your list "getting a dog" is now...

texasangie said...

Wow, you are friend extraordinaire to dog sit AND chase the dog!! I'm sure it's 4th you won't soon forget!

texasangie said...

Ok, I meant to say it's A 4th you won't soon forget! Sorry!

Julie said...

You are such a fun family! I loved all your photos! Question, how do you get your pics big on your blog?? You take great photos!

Rebekah said...

I think I might owe you more than a thank you card and cookies. How is your Saturday night looking? Dinner on us?

Fujitales said...

Jeff did a pretty good job documenting the night for you. Dax is NOT the family photographer...

Glad you found the dog, and love Avery's attitude she's giving with her arms crossed. So cute!

Jeanne said...

Hi Honey, Jeff did a great job taking pictures while you were out looking for the dog.....I can't believe how long Zach's and Avery's hair has gotten!!!! Your kids all have beautiful hair!!!!! I can't wait to see everyone...Yeah, you arive tonight!!!!XXX, Mom