Saturday, October 4, 2008

It was a "buggy" friday

Our family enjoyed the 75 degree weather yesterday by playing outside after dinner. We swung on the swings, played a game of baseball (Ellie's good, really good- crushed it each time up to bat.) We also (or should I say, Zachary & Avery) spent time looking for bugs. Nebraska has bugs. Big bugs, cool looking bugs and lots of "buggy" bugs. I guess it's the climate and humidity that bring the bugs home to Nebraska. I'll never get used to the flies, but I think it's fun for the kids to see and examine the slimy, and fuzzy insects. Kind of like a science lesson in your backyard.



We also happened upon this....the ice cream truck stopped by for a visit. Lucky kids. Should I tell you he actually came by 20 min. before dinner?

5 comments:

texasangie said...

Those are some big bugs! You take the best pictures!
P.S. My email is the att account.

Jeanne said...

Hey Honey, Those are some great pictures!! I can't believe how long Avee's hair has gotten....it is such a pretty color!!!Love the bugs!!!XO,Mom

RobW said...

hey guys !! looks so fun, wish i had an american girl doll from Chi Town.

doug said...

Hey LAUR: Looks like Rob is about four blog posts back, but we are thankful that he looks at your blog AND comments. Tell the kids that Dad (papa) also liked bugs when I was a kid, but I was sorta scared of them. LOVE, papa

grandma said...

Cute,cute pictures. Not as cute as my grand kids,of course. Laurie, your pictures are so great. Give the three of them a big hug from grandma.
LOVE, Grandma OXOXOXOX