Saturday, December 8, 2007

'tis the season to give

Ellie has a student teacher this year who has had a profound impact on her 3rd grade experience. Mrs. Eikemeyer won Ellie over the first day of school and has only become closer to her each day. She is extra sensitive to Ellie's needs and seems to go the extra mile for her. Everyday as the children are walking out the doors at the end of the day, I spy Mrs. Eikmeyer holding Ellie's hand as they approach the loop. Ellie loves this, she loves the attention and the feeling of security. I love that Ellie feels so content. Mrs. Eikmeyer's last day at Fireridge is December 19th. Mrs. Goolsby, her reg teacher is planning on a surprise gift and party for Mrs. Eikemyer. We, as parents were asked to donate one dollar. Ellie announced to us that she wanted to clean out her piggy bank and give all her dollars to the gift. And, that is exactly what she did. Right before school the next morning, Ellie ran upstairs and cleaned out her piggy bank. She loves Mrs Eikmeyer and can't see a better reason to spend her money than on making someone special feel happy. What a sweet girl, Ellie Bellie. She surly loves to give. It might be a picture she made for Avery or sharing her candy with Zachary. We love you,Ellie and are proud of your example to give.

4 comments:

Gigi said...

Ellie, I know how much you have enjoyed having Ms. Eikemeyer as a student teacher this year and I'm so proud of you for giving all your piggy bank money for her gift!!!!!You are such a special, kind little girl and so thoughtful of other kids at all times especially Zach and Avery!!!!! I love you so much and Yea... I will see you soon because Santa Claus is coming !! I can't wait..... Love, Gigi

Unknown said...

ELLIE INDEED, you are a special young lady! Papa is so proud of you to give not just a few coins but the entire contents of your piggy bank, that is most generous of you and to have done so fully from your heart, I'm so happy for you.

Course, Ms. Eikemeyer probably would have preferred a full dollar!

(just kidding) PAPA LOVES YOU ELLIE!

I hope you will remember to leave some cookies and milk out for Santa to eat and drink at your house. You know how hungry and thirsty he must get from his rounds of all the good children's houses.

Love, PAPA

Mama Mia said...

Ellie is so sweet...what a great example to us all!

Anonymous said...

Ellie-

Thank you so much for the present you gave to me on my last day of teaching. I have truly enjoyed teaching you this last 18 weeks. I am so proud of you Ellie!! I cannot wait to come back to Fire Ridge and say Hi to you and Zach. You both have made my student teaching experience one I will never forget. Tell you mom I loved looking @ the family blog!!
Happy Holidays Miss Ellie-
Mrs. Eikmeier