Thursday, December 27, 2007

A birthday celebration

Just the way I like it. To me, the very best way to celebrate my birthday is a night with Jeff & friends, going out to eat, a little shopping, and ending the night with dessert & games.

Last Friday our good friends Mia, Kimberly & Wendi planned the perfect celebration. We ate Kobe Steakhouse.

Followed up with some shopping at Borsheimes and on to Bischoffs house for gifts and dessert. Mia made a delicious peppermint brownie with "snowballs". Yum! Everything Mia does is to perfection!

The gals were so very generous, and gave me 2 awesome gifts, a lazy susan (perfect for the taco fixin's) and the amazing apple peeler. I was thrilled and surprised...I had mentioned wanting both items before. We played "apples to apples" and laughed our way through the night. This was a biggie for me...the big 4*0! Thanks gals for making my birthday so special (with no embarrassing entourage of singing waiters or silly hats.) Thanks for the fun times, the gifts, the celebration and most importantly, your friendship!

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Your group picture is better than mine! I am going to swap them! What a fun night! I am glad you had a happy birthday...I NEVER would have guessed you were 40! You look so young!

Gigi said...

You sure don't look forty!!!!!! You you great and those are some awesome pictures! I'm so happy you have such nice friends in Omaha!! Love you, Mom

Kimberly and Jason Enlow said...

This was such a fun night! I didn't even realize that you were turning 40! You look like such a young duck!! I always enjoy our time together and Mia is the host with the most isn't she!