Friday, December 28, 2007

Christmas Eve


It's tradition to go out to dinner on Christmas Eve in my family. Since it's my birthday, we usually do our "big Christmas dinner" on Christmas night rather than the Eve. Gigi & I started off the day doing the usual last minute Christmas shopping. I love shopping even on Christmas Eve. So, this is fun for me. Later, we went to Olive Garden for dinner. We discovered last year Omaha doesn't have many restaurants open for Christmas Eve. But, with 9 of us together, Olive Garden suits our needs just fine. Thanks to Gigi & Papa and Grandma & Grandpa for the night on the town. I had a wonderful birthday celebration. A big thank you to Jeff for my favorite perfume EVER- Quelques Fleurs ( sold at Nordstrom exclusively so, he ordered it.) and the new printer I have had my eye on. My parents & Jeff's parents spoiled me this birthday with gifts. I am a lucky girl, thank you so much. I am thankful for my life, my family, and my 40 years!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Laurie was just kidding about her age, that silly one; just to be funny, she actually ADDS years to her age, just to get compliments on how good she looks.

And just so you know the truth, Gigi and Papa are NOT EVEN old enough ourselves to have any children nearly or nearing anywhere near to the mark she mentioned, we just sort of feel like they are still in High School only alot more mature . .

LOVE, PAPA

petite lama said...

laursie--

no,no, no don't say 40. dougie is so right, this number is greatly exaggerated because that would mean that i am next, and i am quite certain that i turn 25 this year. hope you had a fabulous birthday, sounds great with all the family there.

llama