Monday, March 7, 2011

Beiber Fever

Watching my kids make new friends in school is fun and exciting but, with it comes the worry and fears of who they might develop close friendships with.  What will the new friends be like?  Who will they sit with at lunch?   Do these friends share the same values?  What kind of families to they belong to?   Are they being raised with the same morals we are trying to teach our children.  And then ultimately, will my child  feel uplifted and cherished as a person?   Ellie has made a whole slew of girlfriends.  But, I don't know any of them yet.  And, I  worry a bit about the "kind" of girls she is connecting with.  I'm sure "to worry" is a rite of passage for all middle school parents.  I  know Ellie and I know she will ALWAYS choose the right. But a 6th graders life is easier with friends that support and inspire you.

Since I wanted to get to get to know Ellie's friends and the girls are crazy for Justin Bieber, we joined the gaggle of girls bursting through the doors premiere night for the Justin Beiber movie. 

It was my intention to have Ellie invite her "school" friends but she ended up inviting all church friends.  Which was fine by me.  What a great group of girls and hopefully the start to wonderful friendships.

The girls had a fabulous time.  The entire theater was filled with hyper, squealing, laughing screaming girls....and their mothers.  The screaming started at the first clip of the movie and didn't stop till credits rolled.  I couldn't help but think it was cute.  The girls were so passionate!    At one point in Justin's live concert he brings a girl up to the stage during the song "one less lonely girl."  Avery whispered in my ear in a quiet but giddy voice that she wants to be the "One" less lonely girl on stage.  I guess the fascination starts young!

2 comments:

Fujitales said...

That's so fun that Avery gets to come be one of the big girls. I'm cracking up because Livi wouldn't know Justing Beiber if he came to the front door. Okay maybe that's overstating it a bit, but she doesn't have the luxury of hanging out with cool 6th graders!

I'm so glad everyone is making friends so fast!

laurie said...

Actually it's the 1st grade girls that are sparking Avery's infatuation with the Biebs. I know, crazy! Yes, both of my girls can be heard belting out his tunes any given day.