Thursday, November 4, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Each year we look forward to the church's Halloween party.  It is always loads of fun with buckets of candy.

We played games.

We played with friends.

We go inside for a chili cornbread dinner/contest.  It's usually chaotic.  Hard to convince the kids to sit down and eat. 
(Looks like Zachary has spotted Dave's lollipop and can't his eyes off it.) 

Finally, it's back outside to go trunk or treating.  Yeah.  Just what we have been waiting for...bags of candy.  A sugar high right before bedtime.  The kids love it and I love to see the kids so happy.


Of course everyone decorates their trunk festive and spooky.
oops...except us. 

(avery really wanted to help pass out candy.  So, after a couple of minutes of trunk or treating she sat with me and passed out the candy.
On the way home, most important part of the night.  Checkin' out the goods. Yummmmm. Candy.


3 comments:

doug said...

WOW, you guys have all the fun!! I dressed up in my new T-shirt with the Skeleton on it and the words "GRATEFUL I'M NOT DEAD YET!" but no one thought it funny but me.

We had a big bowl of candy but only got FOUR (4) trick or treaters, so lots of candy left over for when the kids get here for THANKSGIVING. LOVE, papa

Laurie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laurie said...

I think that t-shirt is hilarious!