Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Holiday highlights

We love December in all it's crazy glory. I was determined to not let this month get by without a wrap up blog post. Bear with me...it's better late than never.

Let the month of celebrations and activities begin...


Kindergarten is such a joy. The middle of the month was "gingerbread time." I joined Avery and the entire kindergarten in making a gingerbread home. Tempting to not eat the candy but Avery held out and built a beautiful home.


Avery was invited to ring the bell for salvation army in the middle of December.

With no sunshine overhead and icy cold temperatures, Avery set out to ring the bell with the finest intent. She and her friend, Alexis were very shy but serious in their bell ringing. I don't actually know how much money they raised (they stood out for 20 min) but, I am quite there has been anyone cuter collecting money.


Brrr......this winter has been dreadfully cold and icy. We have been bombarded with 3 feet of snow and even higher drifts. School has already been canceled 6 days. Yes, 6 total days SO FAR. I can't imagine playing in the snow these days, but if Jeff is out shoveling the kids will still want to go. Here is Zach after some time shoveling the brutal icy snow. Can you notice the ice on the trees. You might think, oh how pretty, I say YUCK
My birthday lunch was fabulous. Friends gathered to celebrate and chat with one another. Everyone was so kind and I was treated to many wonderful birthday gifts. Thank you ladies.

3 comments:

Jeanne said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie!!!
Love you, Mom

doug said...

Laur: I'm not old enough to have you as a daughter. Where did you come from? LOVE, dad

Brezack Family said...

Ohh we are so cute!! Can you send me this picture??? I LOVE IT!