Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Pinkalicious delicious birthday party

Every year, I promise to slow down during December. Everybody does, right?
It never fails, I am in over my head. Here, my "craziness" starts with Avery's "pinkalicious" birthday.
We had such a fun time at the dance studio. Her instructor ran the show. I loved it, especially since I had had just painted and redecorated her room all day. I was exhausted. First, they danced. She taught the girls a dance to Miley Cyrus. Ah, wish you could see them get their groove on. Precious. Then she played group games with the kids. Musical chairs etc. They giggled till they fell over. Next up, pizza, cupcakes, and presents. The cupcakes were "pinkalicious" delicious. And, darn cute too (I had them made with edible glitter covering the top.) Avery is a wonderful hostess....she was sincerely thankful for each gift and friend.

After the structure and control we let the kids run wild through the studio in their stocking feet. This was their favorite part of the night. Remember that for future parties. No matter all your planning, attention to detail, creative games....the kids will always love the few minutes of unstructured time better than the rest. Ha. And, since that wild time was the end at the end of the party, when the parents came to pick up their child...no one wanted to leave. Lots of pouting kids walking out the door. I'm glad they all had such a good time. And, I was extra glad to have no clean up!
Thanks to Fluidity dance, this was a very easy and totally fun party.

4 comments:

Rebekah said...

How fun! You are such a good mom...and a great photographer! That last pic truly looks professional!

Fujitales said...

Looks like such a fun party. Livi was looking at your blog with me and has now made demands for her next birthday.
I love that Ellie is in the back learning the dance too, and where did you find a dance skirt with pink leopard for Avery? So cute.

Jeanne said...

Oh My!! The Party looks soooo fun.... what cute pictures!!!! I just loved the one of Avee running.... you could be a professional photographer!!! Can't wait to see the kiddos tomorrow!!!Yea!!!! Love and kisses, Mom

Fujitales said...

K- I've posted, now YOUR TURN!! What's the hold up!!??